Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I am now starting to find 5288 faults in the Event Viewer with lock ups of my system on my new CFX 3200 build whereas, strangely, for the first 6 days allthough the system encountered 1 or 2 lock ups a day there were no 5288 faults shown.

I have installed the beta ULi driver and used the 2.20 NVidia drivers. My system is running on the 7/28 bios.

If this instability continues can I swop over to using the SiL?. Will I have to reformat my system or can I just enable the controller in the Bios and swop the leads across ?

Currently the ULi manager indicates that niether of my two SATA HDD are present but they both show up on the boot up screen configured as RAID 0 X 2

I would be appreciative of any suggestions.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys

just ordered this board and a venice 3200 from ncix for 149 CAD (about $130 USD) as a bundled special. its gonna be an upgrade for my friend with a sempron+NF4 infinity setup.

Just wanted to know, will his 2x1GB of samsung TCCC work alright in this board????

Im dunno much about this board, but i remember reading a while ago that it had memory divider and compatibility issues.

Also, any other issues that i should be aware of?????

he will be running the following

2x1GB of samsung value ram (TCCC)

XFX 7600GT

2x Seagate 7200.7 NCQ 160GB Hard drives (raid or not depending on what you guys say)

SB Live 5.1

Pioneer 110D

varous other USB hardware

Thanks in advance :)

Oh dear ShaTR....... Are their any issues with this board ?. I am getting vibes from somewhere that there are just a few small issues and its called '5288 Error : Event ID: 9' .

I am on my fifth '5288 Error' TODAY.

The event log indicates ' The Device. Devicescsim52881 did not respond within the time out period'.

Without trawling through pages and pages of postings on this issue can anyone advise what this 'response time' failure is and ( the obvious answer is no) cant this response time be altered somehow to try and overcome this ridiculous situation.

Hello

My 2 raptors are in good health but the system will still lockup for briefly 1-2 seconds and then resume ok and event viewer is reporting both paging error and time out on the uli raid device

"An error was detected on device DeviceHarddisk0D during a paging operation.

"

"The device, DeviceScsim52881, did not respond within the timeout period."

I wonder if the uli raid has a compatibility issue with western digital hard drives?

Is anyone else having issues with the uli raid?

Edit: Maybe i should start fresh raid and change the stripe size from 16 to 64-128k?

Hi I am getting the same thing. I have an LG H10L on primary IDE set to master, a WD 150gig Raptor, primary master on ULI and a WD 250gig SE16 on ULI slave.

Not running no raid, have emulated pata on, and all that fun stuff, sometimes its ok and sometimes it grinds to a halt and I get a ton of these errors in teh event veiwer " timeout on 5288" and "warning disk error harddrive0/d like above.

HELP could there be hardware compatibily issues with the raptor or the other wd 250gig or the lg dvd burner? SHould the LG burner be set to master or slave on primary channel? The raptor is partitioned, and when i run a checkdisk on it, it gives me these errors. Sometimes teh I get a weird high pitch scwelch sound.

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks

I got MASSIVE errors today installing far cry from CD-ROM off my pioneer DVD_RW (secondary master), it was so bad (during the ENTIRE 5CD install) that the mouse and keyboard were often lagging for 2-3 seconds.

This error is absolute ., i can accept a bug with RAID, since you can always use the other controller for that, but not being able to use single drives is REALLY irritating me, as i originally bought this mobo for a high-storage system.... (i've moved all my other drives to my second now)

k€lticknight there is no fix for screwed up uli controller. Doing better with mine now only cause i put my os on raptor drive but i'm using pci fast track addon card. Still using one raptor on the uli controller but using windows drivers. As soon as u put in uli drivers its screwed. Funny thing was i never got an error until 3 months into this board then all hell broke out never got it back after working on it for weeks. ps tried everything in the book and then some. Still looking for the fix

is there any way to remove the ULI drivers and go back to the MS ones without a reinstall? thats my current plan, but i cant find the MS ones when i try and manually update it.

I have been running my 3200 for quite some time now without issues. I think I mentioned in another post, that I wiped my drive and wrote zeros to it before I loaded Windows to my Raptor. I did a normal load of XP Pro using the DFI Floppy that came with the motherboard. As soon as I was able boot into windows, I loaded service pack 2. Then I went to the Nvida website and downloaded the ULI driver for the motherboard. After that I got all the current drivers off the DFI site. This seems to have worked well for me. You should be able to go to the Nvida site and download and install the latest ULI driver without any issues.

Jason

I have been running my 3200 for quite some time now without issues. I think I mentioned in another post, that I wiped my drive and wrote zeros to it before I loaded Windows to my Raptor. I did a normal load of XP Pro using the DFI Floppy that came with the motherboard. As soon as I was able boot into windows, I loaded service pack 2. Then I went to the Nvida website and downloaded the ULI driver for the motherboard. After that I got all the current drivers off the DFI site. This seems to have worked well for me. You should be able to go to the Nvida site and download and install the latest ULI driver without any issues.

Jason

I realise you are trying to help, but are you joking? Have you read this thread?

Jason

Umm... i already have the ULI drivers. they dont work. I'm not even in RAID and they dont work, so i need the stock MS drivers... i just dont want to have to format to get them.