Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

ok

hers my probs with mobo

have ide h-drive 160 with windows

probs i have had is let windows install its genic drivers and work,when i install uli drivers for ide controller,and all uli drivers,pc wont boot or keeps rebooting,so reformatted and installed again

used ide drive for windows and 250 gb drive as second,installed sataraid utitily with other sata drivers off dfi cd again,this time,reboots into windows,the sata raid utility working in toolbar and just reboots after 45 seconds and now reformatted again ,will not install sata raid utility off cd and will hold off installing uli drivers till i know whats going on

any ideas

not really sure but why are you using raid with only 1 sata hdd.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep losing channels.. no m,atter what I plug my drives into... at first i thought harddrive was going...nope other one would dissappear... why is it 0 thru 3 numbered in uli controller and 1 thru 4 in booklet???and I think 1 thru 4 inbios?? wtf?? All I have to do is reboot.. and both controllers are shown or the other dissappears...anybody have any ideas.. And within that.. my file system got corrupt.. In my ide (my other winxp boot)it as seen as formatted raw.(can not acces it) my files are lost.... post says NTLDR missing.. (when I get back both channels).. anybody know where to start?? I need this fixed.. without reformatting.. cause I did this the last time it happened thinking I had oced and corrupted.. this was me turning the power on... poof.. Is thqat what $179 dollars are worth.. poof...there goes all your info (mind you this isn't a stab at any of the techs that host this website.. you are fantastic)

fumduck, I see you over in your thread...over in this thread and sort of just floundering around...that ain't going to cut it...only two things I see.

1. MSI TURBOSTREAM 600W << what in hale that? Could (read could) be that the power just ain't spinning all the drives up at once to be seen bios, every time...oh one other thing...most bios have DELAY for DRIVE SPIN UP before BOOT and I always set to 5secs and give all my drives time to spin up, even my slower ones.

2. RMA the board. Address is > rma at dfiweb dot com and they will walk you thru the rma process.

RGone...:confused:

FWIW, I was having the ULI issue using a single hdd, no raid. i tried disabling the Sil in the bios and it seemed to have cleared up the issue for me for the time being. anyone else tried this and had success?

:edit: sig not showing for some reason. here are the specs...

DFI Lanparty UT CFX3200-DR (7/28 BIOS)

AMD Athalon 64 3700+ San Diego

1x Kingston ValueRAM 1GB

Diamond X1300 256mb PCIe X16 (w/ Zalman VF700-cu)

Seagate 7200.10 250gb 16mb cache sataII

Seagate 7200.9 120gb UltraATA/100

Sony DVD/RW+DL drive

Samsaung DVD drive

Mushkin 550w modular PSU

Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS case

JUST GOT MY SETUP GOING LASTNIGHT AND STARTED OVERCLOCKING AND I LOVE IT TO SAY THE LEAST I HAD THE ABIT CROSSFIRE3200 AND IT DIED ON ME AFTER 2 DAYS OF UNSTABLE 270 MAX FSB SO I RETURNED IT AND GOT THE DFI ON NEWEGG BLACK FRIDAY $89.99 AND I AM AT 300X9 RUNNING 2PRIME 95s FOR 4 HOURS SO FAR MAX TEMP 45c BOTH CORES 100%

Rgone.. I checked power.. everything was solid within .1 volts of spec.. 12 was sead on.. I think 5 was 5.1 and 3.4.. did not check amperes.. Don't know what would be needed.. yes this was done with a multimeeter I checked delay in bios.. 0.

The question "what in hale that" as relates to the power supply had nothing to do with what the rails show by voltmeter...since they have little to do with anything until the board gets up and going...here is the KEY I wanted answered and you did not...so I went to newegg and copied this [email protected] boards are absolutely more likely to start up and run with +5VSB @3.0A or thereabouts...now that " I " know 'what in hale that is' for my own reference...that supply will not be one of my choices for these later DFI boards...

All that said and you un-convinced/unknowing...rma the board...when one comes in return...does similar thing...you will know you need to repowerup with a power supply the users have said is more likely to work from the list of recommended power supplies kept here in the forum...time to move...guessing and looping around in 'what if' mode is useless.

RGone...:confused:

Rgone.. I checked power.. everything was solid within .1 volts of spec.. 12 was sead on.. I think 5 was 5.1 and 3.4.. did not check amperes.. Don't know what would be needed.. yes this was done with a multimeeter I checked delay in bios.. 0.

If I choose to set up my two SATA HDD on Raid 0 am I right in thinking I would have to reformat and do a re-install to reset it later on to,say Raid 1 ?

I am also using slot 1 and slot 4 on the ULI M1575 for no other reason than it was easier to connect the cables with a finger and thumb. As long as I make sure 1 and 4 are enabled in the bios am I correct in assuming I shouldnt have a problem ?.

If I choose to set up my two SATA HDD on Raid 0 am I right in thinking I would have to reformat and do a re-install to reset it later on to,say Raid 1 ?

I am also using slot 1 and slot 4 on the ULI M1575 for no other reason than it was easier to connect the cables with a finger and thumb. As long as I make sure 1 and 4 are enabled in the bios am I correct in assuming I shouldnt have a problem ?.

'Fraid so, what the hell, its only another hour or so wasted, LOL

Don't think you'll have a problem on 1 and 4, some people say it works better on 3 and 4, from what I've read here.