Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

HI All

Anyone know where in the UK I can still buy the CFX3200-DR?

Have only found Aria and Microdirect which don't exactly fill me with confidence with reg their customer service

Thanks for any info

Smiffy

Try Ebuyer, I got mine from them a month ago, £60.

I got mine about 3 weeks ago from Microdirect.Com.

It was a bit expensive at £93 + vat & delivery but it was there the next day. And as for registering on the site.....well it seems you have to with all of the sellers nowadays if you want to use a credit card.

Cheers Allston and Anniemouse

Will give Microdirect a go.Have never used them so will risk it but have had to many bad experiences with Ebuyers customer support(or lack of thereof)

Hope its as good as my SLI-DR which I still think is great

Smiffy

Hey Anniemouse and Allston,

Mind telling me what board version you have and if either of you have experienced the infamous ULI sata ports problem?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53169

Just got mine last night but haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Im not using RAID so i can't be sure if i have that ULI sata problem or not. Using my single Western Digital Sata drive i was able to get XP up and running smooth as butter. Im using the ULi Sata port #1.

if anyone can comment on the ATi chipset driver that would appreciated. I'm thinking the ati chipset does not need a driver but i just wanted to check..

Hi KPR,

Cant answer your question yet as I havent finished installation.

I will be running two Hitachi's on SATA 2 ( I hope) set up in Raid 1 but after what I have been reading here I am allready wondering 'How do you RMA a board?'

Having read Rgone's conversation with Tiawan I wonder what we are installing that Tiawan isnt ?. If 'we' are suffering this ULi problem but they are not then its got to be something we are all loading thats different to them. Theres as much expertise on this forum it seems to me as there is in Taiwan in respects of being able to build a system from scratch.

Forgot you asked about board version....I believe its R.AOO if that means anything to you.

I'd wait and see if you actually have the problem, I have the same board revision as you and have not experienced any errors/problems. From what I read here I was well paranoid, but having checked the event log every day for the last month I've not seen anything.

I'm running two DiamondMax 10 SATAII's in RAID 0 using 7/28 bios with the beta ULI driver from techpowerup.com.

Good luck with your new build!

Well, mine's a crapper :mad:

It's revision AB0. Did the minimal hardware install, one stick in orange slot furthest from cpu, etc. etc. Used the hardware in my sig.

During windows install with only 1 mem stick and 1 hard drive it rebooted 3 times (not the usual install reboots). After finally getting windows installed it would lock up anywhere between the welcome screen and right after loading the desktop. I couldn't even install any drivers!

I was really hoping for a crossfire board but I'm tossing this one back :sad:

ok

hers my probs with mobo

have ide h-drive 160 with windows

probs i have had is let windows install its genic drivers and work,when i install uli drivers for ide controller,and all uli drivers,pc wont boot or keeps rebooting,so reformatted and installed again

used ide drive for windows and 250 gb drive as second,installed sataraid utitily with other sata drivers off dfi cd again,this time,reboots into windows,the sata raid utility working in toolbar and just reboots after 45 seconds and now reformatted again ,will not install sata raid utility off cd and will hold off installing uli drivers till i know whats going on

any ideas

so which one should one use

have one ide drive and one sata drive

bios is 4/25/06

installed uli drivers off cd and system wouldnt boot

installed sata raid utitily with sata drivers and keept rebooting

working on third format of drives with windows only controller drivers and no probs and no sata rad utitily

is there benfits to intstalling uli drivers and what should i install as getting tired of formatting

have formatte 3 times in 24 hrs