Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Archangel

Okay but what about the rest of us that aren't using WD drives and are having this issue? I'm using a 160GB Seagate SATA2/7,200RPM/8MB Cache and have had this issue. Thanks RGone for contacting DFI HQ and finally shedding some light on this issue as well.

Can DFI HQ's get both controllers (ULI + SIL) to work together, that would be a good check..........Also to throw my hat into the ring I do not run RAID so no latest drivers needed but I have the latest BIOS - my samsung HDD's get the error in SATA mode.

Running off the SIL - half of the motherboard features are disabled so I can get some semblance of stability - this board was not DFI finest hour and it so could of been. Shame really

Sorry you guys, I only tried the driver on x64. I wasn't sure if it would work for XP 32bit or not. I would not recommand simply replacing the sys to your system32/driver folder. I am gonna install it myself personally to see if it works.

The 64bit VISTA driver definately fixed all the issues I was experiencing. I know other people with other brands of MB using M1575 also having similar issues.

Since we already knew the existance of 6.3, why not have DFI ask nvidia for it? It would be alot easier and safer then hacking it ourselves.

Update: Alright, I've tried and confirmed the 32bit VISTA driver will not work on XP. Evidently XP x64 shares some kind of commonality with VISTA that XP doesn't.

Guest Archangel

Before I bother to RMA my board, I'm going to pick up another hard drive and try a fresh install with the LAN 2 disabled to see if that works for me. If it doesn't, then I'll try scrubbing that install and trying the X64 Vista driver XP 64bit to see if that works for me. If not, then I guess I have no choice but to RMA the board.

I feel your pain. I was so fed up with all the shutter and pauses, I went out and bought that killer nic. Which is kinda of waste of money. Now I am finally enjoying my system for the first time. Wonder why I didnt try this sooner...

Winxp x64 is not that bad. I got all the drivers for my hardwares. And if you buy the OEM version now, you are guaranteed an upgrade to VISTA. Not that I like vista.

Can DFI HQ's get both controllers (ULI + SIL) to work together, that would be a good check..........
Yeah, I was wonbering about that myself. In the latest beta (28/7) there's still the Option ROM can not invoke issue. When will that be resolved???

Now I'm not using the Sil right now, but to avoid conflicts in the futute with SATA2 drives I was planning to buy a PCIe 1x Raid0 Controller add-on card.

It's my understanding that you also cannot run with the Uli raid bios enabled and with an Add-on card Raid bios at the same time, it produces the same error as with Uli + Sil.

I mean, the only thing that the error is telling you, is that there's not enough room in the bios to load both chip biosses, surely that can be resolved

I've pretty much given up on the CFX3200, all the board has done is piss me off and cost me money. I RMA'd my board again and got a different board back this time with the exact same issues. Burnt out on messing with this board so I haven't even fired that rig up in 3 days..

Just out of habit I go through the bios and disable everything I don't use before installing Windows so in my case it wasn't an IRQ issue. When I get time I will install Linux to a RAID0 on the ULI and see what happens.

CPDMF, you can say that again. I was done after 3 months of returning boards over and over. I just sold everything and moved on! Like you said it took too much time, money and stress and I dont need any of that!

Heck I have my newest RMAed board just sitting here and I havent even opened it, fearing the stress it will cause!

What can I do, no one wants to buy it, hell I listed it on the BAY, 5 times as NEW, never opened and still not one bid! Its been here, on the for sale thread, for over a month and nothing too!

Im glad I moved on, I dont have the daily stress of it anymore!

I bet they will be getting a bunch of boards back this comming week. At least they are doing that! I guess its hard for them to fix this if they are not having the issue on thier end!

Silver you still fighting with this? I thought you would have given up by now, like I did! LOL

Keep the faith man!

Good luck to all, I feel for all of you!

Yes, I have been at this since day 1 and I still cannot get anything sorted. My games are stable for the time being - 3DMark (any) is not. I am just holding on for as long as I can before I upgrade - thinking I am going 4x4 (the Quadfather) but wait until Hypertransport 3 is out and get 2 x Quad AMD FX chips. Either that or I will break and get a new DFI RD600 board.

Having something just work will be normal to anyone else but for those brave souls who battled the CFX3200 it will be mana from heaven.

Am not going to sell it - going to just let it run in a corner somewhere - when its ancient I will take great delight in taking the sledgehammer to it!

HI All

Anyone know where in the UK I can still buy the CFX3200-DR?

Have only found Aria and Microdirect which don't exactly fill me with confidence with reg their customer service

Thanks for any info

Smiffy