Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Uli sata controller uses same irq (19) as one of the ethernet lines. So i disabled that one and went with other ethernet which use irq 18. Well reason being why I switched is because i was loosing my ethernet connection for no apparent reason. At this moment still testing but have no lags in hd use or haven't lost my isp connection either. Just a thought cause lord knows no one else has come up with a fix yet. Testing is only hr old yet

It would be great if you gave people a step by step guide on doing what you did.

Thanks

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be great if you gave people a step by step guide on doing what you did.

Thanks

I thinks it's very simple. Before you do a install of Windows (Clean or Repair), first disable Marvell LAN port 2 in the bios and have the Uli Raid function enabled. Put you're graphic card in PCIe 16x slot one (upper slot).

Now, let Windows install and you'll end up with The Marvell LAN port 1 on IRQ 18 and Uli Raid Controller on IRQ 19.

Btw, where can I change the PCIe bus speed, I can't seem to find it anywhere? I'm using bios 28/7

Well updated bios 7/28/06 installed nvidia uli intergraded 220 been running for 8 hrs straight and no m5288 errors yet and no freezes but also uninstalled and disabled the lan that uses irq 19 which (uli uses irq 19)

This did not work for me

I thinks it's very simple. Before you do a install of Windows (Clean or Repair), first disable Marvell LAN port 2 in the bios and have the Uli Raid function enabled. Put you're graphic card in PCIe 16x slot one (upper slot).

Now, let Windows install and you'll end up with The Marvell LAN port 1 on IRQ 18 and Uli Raid Controller on IRQ 19.

Btw, where can I change the PCIe bus speed, I can't seem to find it anywhere? I'm using bios 28/7

Very simple for you maybe. Did you try this?

Very simple for you maybe. Did you try this?
Yes, I tried this. I did a repair install, and before installed Windows from CD, I disabled Marvell Lan port 2, put my X1900XT in PCIe 16x #1 as usual and set the Uli chip in Raid0 mode.

During setup I pressed F5, and choose "ACPI Multi Processor HAL"

This resulted in Uli Raid on IRQ 19 and Marvell Lan port 1 on IRQ 18

Guest Archangel
Well updated bios 7/28/06 installed nvidia uli intergraded 220 been running for 8 hrs straight and no m5288 errors yet and no freezes but also uninstalled and disabled the lan that uses irq 19 which (uli uses irq 19)

Well, that gives me something new to try. I've been using the SI controller for the past while without issue but I would like to get back to using the ULI one. Since I don't want to format, I think I'm going to pick up another hard drive this wek and give it a try on that. That way, if it doesn't work for me, then I can just swap my other drive back in and I'm good to go.

I dunno how many of you checked, but if you simply installed VISTA, the driver that it came with is version 6.300, which is newer than the 6.2x DFI/ULI have provided. I found out long ago that the creative VISTA driver can be installed on Windows x64. So I assumed the ULI driver should too. It is under a different name, but the size is about the same.

So I ripped it out and renamed it M5288.sys and replaced it with the one from the F6 floppy. Everything installs fine, and while I don't have a DFI board, I do have the A8R32-MVP. I do have the occasional error, and alot of shutter in games, but none of the freezes you guys had with the DFI board.

I just played couple of hours of game, and the shutters are gone. So this driver did something.

I only installed 64bit of VISTA, so I don't have the 32bit ULI 6.300 driver, the one I uploaded is the 64bit one. If I have time later to install 32bit version of VISTA, maybe I will upload that one too.

I dunno how many of you checked, but if you simply installed VISTA, the driver that it came with is version 6.300, which is newer than the 6.2x DFI/ULI have provided. I found out long ago that the creative VISTA driver can be installed on Windows x64. So I assumed the ULI driver should too. It is under a different name, but the size is about the same.

So I ripped it out and renamed it M5288.sys and replaced it with the one from the F6 floppy. Everything installs fine, and while I don't have a DFI board, I do have the A8R32-MVP. I do have the occasional error, and alot of shutter in games, but none of the freezes you guys had with the DFI board.

I just played couple of hours of game, and the shutters are gone. So this driver did something.

I only installed 64bit of VISTA, so I don't have the 32bit ULI 6.300 driver, the one I uploaded is the 64bit one. If I have time later to install 32bit version of VISTA, maybe I will upload that one too.

PLEASE get the 32 bit version! I know it will take a lot of time, but we need it badly. My system for no reason, wont boot of the Sil ports now (driver problem? i went back to an older bios and now they dont work) So i'm stuck with Stutter ahoy... and no, i dont even use raid. (Yes, event log is full of errors)

P.S: Yes i said a few weeks ago my errors had been fixed, they came back.

Alright, I heard your plea. This is the 32bit driver from VISTA. See if it does anything for you. It is said nvidia/uli refuse to support their own chipset, and we had to get it from Microsoft.

Do not try this! I almost ended up repairing windows with a complete reinstall due to trying to use this driver. Luckily, selecting the "Use last known good configuration" option when windows wouldn't boot up reinstalled the old working driver. Wheew!!!! :(

Bulletz

hmmm...

i'd try a fresh install with the vista drivers rather than replacing or updating

i've had a cfx3200 sitting here for a couple o months now and just for kicks (boredom) decided to try it out the other day, stripped down my dfi venus and switched boards

as soon as windows was installed i began to notice these stupid freezes :confused:

i tried installing windows with the 425 bios and the 728 and also tried various versions of the m5288 drivers at the f6 prompt

absolutely nothing helped at all :sad:

watching films/videos is the worst

there's no way i can use this board as part of my main rig in it's current state :mad:

needless to say, i've switched back to the venus :rolleyes:

i might try out those vista drivers sometime, but after wasting my time installing the cfx3200 i'll be buying a couple of spare drives for testing first to save wiping my main install again

the board seems ok, stable and such, but the drive controller mess is just taking the p**s