Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Bugger........may go back to the ULI and try the latest driver - even though I do not have RAID.

Does anyone run with the SIL controller at stock speeds and still get restarts/freezes?

So tempted to pull the money out and upgrade, but I want the RD600 at minimum

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TREF value in the bios. On my last mobo and even early on when i had it, i used 3120 since auto (0032) is stupidly slow. Now however, the only stable setting for me is 0780 and below, 0780 providing the best performance of the low numbers i stick with it.

Give it a shot, and remember memtest is your friend.

I was wondering, is it possible to attach an SATA DVD-burner to SATA-1 of the Uli Chip while at the same using the Raid0 function of this chip on SATA-3 and SATA-4.

I was planning to connect my SATA burner to the Sil chip, but i'm running bios 7/28 and when both chips (Uli and Sil) are enabled, I get the "option ROM can not invoke" error.

Okay thanx! I'll see if it's recognised in the Uli Raid Bios :)

On my Ultra-D it worked flawlessly.

I'm looking at you're sig, and noticed that you use bios 28/7 and have both the Sil and the Uli chips enabled. So you must be getting the "Invoke errors".

I was wondering, are there any consequences due to this error once Windows is loaded or can you just ignore it?

@ RGone and Happy_Games

Do you guys know when the "Rom option can not be invoked" issue wil be fixed in the 28/7 bios? With that bios you still can't run the Sil and the Uli controllers at the same time, but is seems to be the best bios to avoid the Uli errors.

OK... SO my issue has progressed.... It seems I have a cold boot issue Recogonizing SATA 0 .. Everytime.. Just started like last week...Boot computer and come to "Raid may be broken or not function"... ANd 0 is missing...

LAst week I thought my hard drive was going...Possibly?? Because I thought I heard like a power down right before things would crash or freeze ( all hard freezes.. ) But now I tend to think its the ULI.. Because when I restart computer imdeiately after freeze/ raid Broken, I switch to controllers 2/3 and Harddrives are seen eveerytime.. Then reboot with them back in previous controllers.. 50% of the time it will work...and I 'll be back in windows.. Other times its...boot 10 times and it will figure itself out.. I have had Ntdlr missing.. Had to reinstall windows.. Somtimes just relaoding a previous OC in Bios will work..??? THis is crazy....I don't know if anybody has gotten to this problem.. Or has any clue on how to fix it..? (Ya ever have that beater of a car where its like just shake the wire there is a short, but she'll start up.. KInda the way I feel.. except...This is a new model.)

@ RGone and Happy_Games

Do you guys know when the "Rom option can not be invoked" issue wil be fixed in the 28/7 bios? With that bios you still can't run the Sil and the Uli controllers at the same time, but is seems to be the best bios to avoid the Uli errors.

Maybe we should put that in the OP of 'our' topic @ T.net ;)

It SHOULD be possible. As long as your DVD drive is recognised when the ULI is in RAID mode.

The RAID BIOS allows you to pick which drives are in the RAID array.

You were right! :) In the Uli Raid Bios config, my Samsung SATA burner is recognized and works perfectly.

I'm running the following combo:

Bios 28/7 + Beta 6.2.2.1.

Uli Raid0 (Stripe 64K) 2x 120Gb SATA1 Maxtor

Silicon Image Disabled

No freezes at all :D

Uli sata controller uses same irq (19) as one of the ethernet lines. So i disabled that one and went with other ethernet which use irq 18. Well reason being why I switched is because i was loosing my ethernet connection for no apparent reason. At this moment still testing but have no lags in hd use or haven't lost my isp connection either. Just a thought cause lord knows no one else has come up with a fix yet. Testing is only hr old yet