Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

i have the exacly same problem

the system hangs/locksup for 3 secs randomly, but i found out that this is a driver issue, as when i run with the defeult windows drivers by microsoft it works 100% fine, but then am not running raid but i got WDC Raptor 74GB 16MB NCQ, and i had this issue on a WDC 250GB SATA 8MB

Windows Driver = OK

ULi Driver = has this issue, even the latest

and yes this is not DFI specified issue as i got a abit AT8 :angel:

then if you want to run RAID then you should spank nvidia into updating the uli drivers

or buy a PCIe SATA Controlller and run the two raptors in RAID on that :)

so u have the ULi error msg as well, even with ur AT8?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had (2) DFI CFX3200, (1) AT8, (2) AT832X, and a A8R32, all of which use the ULI chipset, and each and every one of them have occassionally exhibited the m5288 error. I believe that if it was a bad batch of chips, it went to all the manufacturers. I recently switched, as another, to Hitachi drives, 7/28 bios, and the new driver to run 2 80GB in Raid0 on the ULI and have had no problems for several weeks. Interestingly, all of my errors have happened on WD drives, Raptor and non-Raptor.

Well I can also confirm that it's a driver issue, I removed the ULI drivers for my Raptors and went back to using the Microsoft drivers and all is well no more hang-ups. Not only that I used Sandra and ATTO to benchmark my drives and they are faster without the ULI drivers. The big problem is Nvidia will never release a fix for this due to the fact they don't use this controller on there boards only ATI did. I would suggest not using raid with this board or any board using this controller.

Well I can also confirm that it's a driver issue, I removed the ULI drivers for my Raptors and went back to using the Microsoft drivers and all is well no more hang-ups. Not only that I used Sandra and ATTO to benchmark my drives and they are faster without the ULI drivers. The big problem is Nvidia will never release a fix for this due to the fact they don't use this controller on there boards only ATI did. I would suggest not using raid with this board or any board using this controller.

'fraid thats not good enough - I WANT RAID :D

Do I have to enable anything in the BIOS, if so, what, to get Crossfire to work? I just got a worse score on 06 after enabling Crossfire in the Cat 6.6's...soemthing I need to change in the BIOS? I have no idea

Did you enable crossfire in the ATI Catalyst control center? Download the 6.9 Catalyst center if you have not done so already.

Jason

Hey guys,

I have a really basic and probably very stupid question, but I'm sort of lazy and impatient right now and was wondering if someone can help me out.

I bought this board recently and it's working great, but one little problem - i never get prompted when i boot to enter setup/BIOS. The only time this prompt appears is the first time I boot after clearing CMOS. I'm pretty sure I've pressed some button during boot however, that allowed me to enter my BIOS without the prompt (but I've tried delete, f12, f2, etc. and nothing seems to be working now!)

Did I miss something?