Sign in to follow this  
metal-sick-o

Has AS5 met its match?????

Guest burningrave101

Arctic Silver Ceramique is the best stuff you can get for the price. Its quite a bit cheaper then AS5 and its proven to do just as well if not better. Its also easier to remove and will handle extreme temps if your using phase change. AS5 will not. AS5 is also slightly capacitive which means dont get on resistors and motherboard traces and so on.

My install of the Liquid Metal has been up and running 8 Days 24/7. Everything is fine at this point. I'm Idle at 26C. A little 100% takes it to 33C for a couple of hours. Not much to worry about. I'm sorry you guys have Al but you'll be fine wo this stuff.

My install of the Liquid Metal has been up and running 8 Days 24/7. Everything is fine at this point. I'm Idle at 26C. A little 100% takes it to 33C for a couple of hours. Not much to worry about. I'm sorry you guys have Al but you'll be fine wo this stuff.

do you have any temps w/ other thermal paste to compare?

I kinda find myself wanting some just to put it on aluminium and watch the fun...

I think my SI-120 cooler is nickel plated copper. Can any of you confirm this?? I'll try that stuff.

The Zalman looked Gnarly.

Thanks Guys.

--EJM

From the SVC link:

"More care is required when applying Coollaboratory Liquid Pro versus conventional thermal paste. If you are experienced in dealing with computer hardware, you may want to pick a more conventional, poorer performing thermal paste"

hah, got to love their marketing... even in the disclaimer they get you.

From the SVC link:

"More care is required when applying Coollaboratory Liquid Pro versus conventional thermal paste. If you are experienced in dealing with computer hardware, you may want to pick a more conventional, poorer performing thermal paste"

hah, got to love their marketing... even in the disclaimer they get you.

I believe the website actually says...

"If you are inexperienced in dealing with computer hardware, you may want to pick a more conventional, poorer performing thermal paste."

Not going to lie, I didn't read the entire thread because it was too long. So someone may have posted this already.

But that Thermaltake (I think) Nanofusion or whatever looks pretty good. Not saying I would buy it (I just bought a huge tube of AS5).

As for this stuff, I dunno, the chances of shorting out something are there. But then again, how many of you guys remember Artic Silver 1? That stuff was conductive as hell...

EDIT: Its not Thermaltake, I just checked, but Cooler Master...