need a little help

Just got my new mobo and opty 170 today. This board rocks so far!! :nod: I have it running 1-1 with fsb @ 280 x10 at 1.5 volts I have just begun to oc this puppy. I think 3. ghz is very possible. Even if I wasn't able to get it any faster this thing is freeking fast at this speed :sweat: Ok so when this bad little momma boots it keeps trying to boot to mac or lan I cant find where to shut this . off. hmm I did just flash it to latest bios but I forgot to see if possibly something new appeared that would help with this. Anywho if anyone knows where the freek in the bios I shut this crap off could you please tell me? pretty please ?

lol i gave ya the avatar ;)

as for the boot LAN...it seems to only show up when you are overclocked to the hilt (just like if you use onboard audio, when you click anywhere near the system tray, the stupid audio control panel pops up).

neither seems to affect anything, they are just slightly annoying

possibly someone else has a better answer as I sorta gave up on the RDX200 CF-DR a good while ago since I never had any ATI cards (Crossfire) to match with it

OMG I just got 2.9 ghz with this thing had mY ocz pc4000 2x1gi in it and couldnt get passed 2.8 ghz whtaever timings I tried. so I thought Ill try my g-skill thru it in and then it occured to me I prolly need to set it to 2t and here I am woot!! On my way up to 3ghz ~~~ I cant wait to see how it does with my coolit. right now its on water.

Hmm seems I have hit a wall with this mobo at 290 fsb any higher than that and I get sata coruption. I feel like this proc would yield higher that 2900 results. When i get ready to tear this apart and put in my new case I' ll try the cpu on my lanparty board. I decided to back it down to 2.8 ghz @1t timings and test it.

I believe the new 3/21 bios has an option under intergrated periferals for lan boot. I got a version of the 3/21 bios from Tony that has the lan boot turned off by default. For previous ver. of the bios I believe if you hit shift+f10 at boot, a screen for configuring the lan boot will come up and you can turn it off there.

What kind of chips are those g-skill? If you get a chance, pls post your mem settings. I still have not been able to get this board as stable as I would like....

Well after a couple days of fighting The best I can get theis board stable is 2.8ghz- 280 fsb @1-1 and 1t memory timing. I know this cpu will do better than this but I dont have time to mess with it right now. Im running ocz pc4000 2x 1gig gamerxtreme mem at timeings of 3-4-4-10 . Even at 2 timings on mem at 290 or higher I get sata corruption of hard drive. Anyone else getting better and anyone else know how to get south bridge stable at those highr speeds? If so please help me out.

...Ok so when this bad little momma boots it keeps trying to boot to mac or lan I cant find where to shut this . off. hmm I did just flash it to latest bios but I forgot to see if possibly something new appeared that would help with this. Anywho if anyone knows where the freek in the bios I shut this crap off could you please tell me? pretty please ?
see here, third post down

I fixed the lan boot issue with newest bios. Now I'm having probs with getting anything over 2.7 ghz stable. Thought it was stable at 2.8 ghz but it wasnt. This thing won't allow me to set memory cache latency on my memory to above 3. My memory is my prob. I know if i could set that up to 4 I'd have the prob licked. I cant understand making mobo like this and not having more control over that.