evga 7900 gtx 512 mb.

edjahman

maybe overclocked stock not close.

i dont think so.

in stock, a single 7900GTX can definitely beat 2x6800GT.

either way, getting 7900GTX or ATIx1900xtx will do good. one is better than the other on some games. period.

coming from 6600GT, u dont need to go more into detail than that....

how far the different gonna be? ALOT!

Well its cheaper, you get avivo meaning dvd video decoding stuff for free , nvidia makes you pay for their stuff called purevideo and its not as good, plus the 7900 gtx doesnt have video in , or high dynanic range lighting plus with anti aliasing at the sametime,. basically x1900xt, is cheaper and offers more options, and performs better in the newest games. plus people have been reporting problems with evga overclocked 7900 gtx video cards, like freezing up in video games, and only way to fix it is downclocking to reference spec, lol 650/1600. ,

powercolor offers a lifetime warranty same as EVGA , and they have great support. nvidia is overrated and too mainstream, ive used a x1900xt and a 7900 gtx , overall x1900xt>7900 gtx, im not biased i just go to where best performance is.

www.visiontek.com lifetime warranty for ati video cards same for www.powercolor.com

i dont think so.

in stock, a single 7900GTX can definitely beat 2x6800GT.

either way, getting 7900GTX or ATIx1900xtx will do good. one is better than the other on some games. period.

coming from 6600GT, u dont need to go more into detail than that....

how far the different gonna be? ALOT!

6800 gt sli hits over 10k 3dmark05 , 7900 gtx barly breaks 10k , overclocked like hell barly breaks 12k.,

6800 gt sli has 32 pixel pipelines and 12 vertex units 7900 gtx only 24 pixels and 8 vertex.

And two 6800GTs are going to eat up power. 7900GTX will turn out to be cheaper in only a month, maybe two depending on how often you have your computer running. Plus you have room to SLI in another GTX.

it makes more sense to buy a 7900 gtx instead of 2 6800 gts for sli, but if you already own a sli board and 2 6800 gt's in sli it will outperform one 7900 gtx.

so no sense in upgrading unless you are going for 7900 gtx sli.

it makes more sense to buy a 7900 gtx instead of 2 6800 gts for sli, but if you already own a sli board and 2 6800 gt's in sli it will outperform one 7900 gtx.

I highly doubt that. Maybe in benchmarks, but benchmarks and real world performance are very different things.

so no sense in upgrading unless you are going for 7900 gtx sli.

No sense in upgrading? IMO, a 6600 to a 7900gtx is a very good upgrade.

Also, does anyone have an opinion about the company EVGA. I've never really heard of them.

evga is a pretty good company from what i've heard, although i'm a huge BFG fan. I don't think you will be running into many problems and if you do, i'm sure they have great support.

Is it true that 1 7900 gtx can beat two 6800 gt's in sli?

I would still much rather have a 7900GTX over two 6800GT's ANYDAY of the week, because the perfomance is so close, and having a single card means one thing: you can always throw an extra 7900gtx in the future (if you wanted rediculous power).

The GeForce 7 series GPU's have such a huge technology lead over the 6 series ones... a lot has changed. I guess I shouldn't talk, as i'm still running a 6600gt.. :nod:

When they first came out, I remember seeing a single 7800GTX was outbenching a pair of 6800GT's (not by much, but it did). Raised an eyebrow since I'd just bought a pair of the 68's.

The 7900GTX should trounce them.

Regardless, it's an amazing card and if it doesn't blow you away, you can always add a second one.

If that don't do it...you're beyond help ;) .

Guest Synchronize
6800 gt sli hits over 10k 3dmark05 , 7900 gtx barly breaks 10k , overclocked like hell barly breaks 12k.,

6800 gt sli has 32 pixel pipelines and 12 vertex units 7900 gtx only 24 pixels and 8 vertex.

You must be mean 2 6800 Ultras hit 10k, not the GT's. Maybe if you oc the GT's then yes. For clarification here is a 3d mark05 chart taken from tom's hardware notice that im comparing a 7800gtx here so i think one 7900gtx would win hands down:

3Dmark05-Charts.jpg