Barton 2500 Oc

PickledSheep

k, i got a green (one with good stepping) Barton 2500, an A7N8X-X mobo, corsair XMS 3200 ram, and a Volcano 11+. Firstly what should i clock too. I was thinking of trying to push the 333mhz FSB as high as it would go (maybe around 400). What should i choose for clock speed? My case is a Lanboy with only two fans <_< . Should i ditch the volcano and get a silent boost fan.

Ok now take a step back and breath in...

With that outta the way *EVERYTHING OVERCLOCKS DIFFERENTLY* and *NO CHIP IS CREATED EQUAL*. You are on a journy young grasshopper and on this journy you will need to answer a few questions. What are my case and cpu temperatures currently at load and idle? What type of thermal past am I using? How far do I want to try and push it?

That being said im running my 2500 with a valcano 11+ and a ducting mod with some lovely as3 to keep it goey. If the noise from the fan is annoying take off the gaurd i found it reduced the whine by quite abit. My current oc on my 2500 is 3200 speeds and that is with a 200 fsb 11x multi and 1.75 on the ol vcore. Temps idle is 36 and load is 40 to 41.

im using a lanboy and 2500+ tmeps are good mobo temp is always 26 or 27 im using a aero7+ and i dont recomend this but i went str8 to 11x200 but i have been overclcoking forawhile and wasnt really to worried if i fryed it . id sugges setting the voltage to 1.75 and then go for 11x200 but go in 5mhz increments after each boot give prime95 a quick 5 min run and go up another 5mhz on the fsb till you hit 200