The DFI Startup LOGO Screen.

HI all just want to find out why does the DFI startup screen look like its 8bit color with my ati X1900XT but wen i put a old crap pci card in then it looks perfect. my friend has the same GFX card but with a asus board and his screen is perfect. does anyone else have this problem with their startup screen?

ok well to the first reply i got. i am running the latest bios from DFI.com (NF4LDB14.ZIP) and still same thing and to the second reply i got. then why does the pci card run it propperly???

ok well to the first reply i got. i am running the latest bios from DFI.com (NF4LDB14.ZIP) and still same thing and to the second reply i got. then why does the pci card run it propperly???

It's a bug with the radeon cards and it's not fixed on any official BIOS....if you actually want that fixed, get the latest beta bios here

Hardly a propblem as it allows better clocks, other manufacturers are now using it and CPU-Z 1.33-1 corrects the false reading. As said by the poster (a fellow member at www.planetamd64.com), he wanted to bring to everyone's attention so people did not misuse the feature to post false screen shots.

HI all just want to find out why does the DFI startup screen look like its 8bit color with my ati X1900XT but wen i put a old crap pci card in then it looks perfect. my friend has the same GFX card but with a asus board and his screen is perfect. does anyone else have this problem with their startup screen?

its normal , my x1800xt does it also, dont worry about it nothing wrong.