Sign in to follow this  
Silencer00

PWM IC Temps overly high =/

i still agree with wat i said before about the fan i used. it keeps my pwmic temp at 30'C at idle and about 39'C on a load. and it took me not even five mins to install and didnt have to make any mods to the mobo. look back on this post and give it a try. ime well impressed with the results.

I can post a couple pics when I head home for lunch, though its not the most elegant solution in the world.

I just used some double sided sticky foam - cut a couple squares out and stuck them to the sides of the fan and put it in the optical drive cage where I have two empty slots below my existing drives. It just happened that it lined up perfectly with the area I was trying to cool.

Ideally it should be installed directly on top of the giant mosfet heatsinks blowing down....but to attach a fan there it's kind of a difficult task....how do you fix it? and what's the fan dimension you should install?

Hi,

I use 2 x 80mm thermo-controlled fans (hotglued them together :nod: ) and placed them over my ram-sticks using zip-ties. They also give a nice airflow to the PWMIC area (idle 30C, load 36C) + it is a silent solution, which was very important for me because I am on water...

Gipse

ok to start can anyone c my posts cause i have already said wat i done and sent a link to the perfect fan that blows directly over all of the heatsinks... if u go back to page 1 and find my first post i sent about this i explained wat i done.

I think there are a few threads in the mod section you can look at, You may have to do a search for them. BTW my temps are 34c,33c,35c.