I got the money to get new PSU and RAM...

Mako3

Hey Guys! Wow I finally have the money to get new Ram and a new PSU. So what Im deciding on is either a OCZ 520watt SLI Powerstream, OCZ 520watt Modstream, or what Angry has suggested before, a Skyhawk 570watt he talks about it here: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...ght=skyhawk+570

As for Ram, Im hoping to get 2GBs worth. So Im deciding on either:

• CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
  • OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Platinum System Memory
  • OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
  • A-DATA Vitesta 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory
  • OCZ Gold GX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory

Im looking to buy all on Newegg except the Skyhawk since obviously they dont have it on there.

So what do you guys think??

Thanks,

Mako3

this memory

OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
is DDR2, so AMD mobos dont support that. I would choose the PowerStream, it works the best overall. FOr memory I would recomend the OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Platinum System Memory. It is my favorite. The corsair isnt compatible either

Guest Neezer
[*]OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit System Memory

I am pretty sure that DFI boards do not support DDR2

Alright thanks guys, I didnt know about AMD mobos not yet being compatible with DDR2. The OCZ Dual Channel Platinum looks good but I dont understand the difference between that and the OCZ Gold GX series. I see that the platinum has timing: 2-3-2-5, and the Gold GX has: 3-4-3-8. Im not sure what that means, but the higher the numbers the better OCing you can do right?

Thanks,

Mako3

Guest Neezer

The numbers are all explained in detail on the memory guide here on the street. I am not sure exactly where it is, but search it out. I will tell you all you ever wanted to know about memory timings and then some.