236 members have voted

1. 1.

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • More than four

Guest Blooz1

My nF3 rig is 2x160Gb SATA Raid0, my socket "A" rig is 1x80Gb 7200RPM and 1x60Gb 7200RPM, both plain ol' IDE.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Neezer

can someone explain the advantage of having two drives for gaming??? and if you have a separate drive for downloading, does it make your computer safer from viruses etc...?

In my primary rig I have 6 internal (4 SATA + 2 IDE) + 2 external. 2 of the SATA drives are in a RAID 0 for my system. The others are for storage & workspace. Plus 2 more (80gb & 30gb) just sitting around, that i would have hooked up if i had more ide connectors. I am pretty close to just building a server for all of my hard drives that i can just tuck away & network for all of the other computers....

Actually I don't use my computer for gaming, I use it mostly for audio and video processing. I have 5 hard drives totaling 1 terabyte.

120gb for my OS, programs, video games and temp files.

200gb for documents. Yes, I direct Windows to use this drive for "My Documents" and other things.

200gb for PVR and other video.

300gb for MP3's.

180gb for archive purposes.

I also have a removable drive tray that fits into one of my CD-ROM bays, along with an external hard drive case. I bought the removable trays before I had USB 2.0. At the moment, I have nine hard drives.

Spose I could list mine as well...

3x160GB Samsung drives in Raid-0 (despite what the sig says)

3x320GB Western Digital drives for storage (movie/game/music backup)

And my other computer just has a single 160GB drive in it...since I'm selling it :sad:

Guest area51

2 * 80GB in Raid 0 on the gaming box.

The server has 4 * 250GB and is where I keep the stuff I care about.

I run samba and just map the drives onto the gaming box over a gigabit connection. The best of both worlds in my opinion...speed and reliability.

(Whistler) C: 1 x Seagate PATA 120GB (system)

(Blackcomb) D: 1 x Seagate SATA 120GB (data & game installations)

(Fernie) E: 1 x Seagate SATAII 250GB (even more data & my programming source code)

i think if they registered and kept track of large harddrives they would know who the pirates are hehe. who needs multiple 300g hds' for mp3s'? :shake: ..me to :nod: ...most are pullouts. 1- 120 is usb.

2Xwd300

1Xwd250

2Xwd120

2Xmaxtor30-133s'

2Xmaxtor40

1Xwd80

2Xraptor79s' raid1 (2more in the works)

2X2.5" 60s'