Couple of Q's for Opty 170

Hi,

hopefully these won't all be painfully stupid questions as I've been searching around before coming out and asking.

1)How's my stepping? CCBWE 0546 XPMW

What experiences have others had with this?

2)During the initial OC process finding my cpu max, what is a good safe, yet robust voltage to use. I'm up to 1.45 right now, although it's being read .04 low by speedfan. I'll get up to 1.5, but 1.55? I run my computer almost 24/7.

3)What is this cpu core burn in process that I've raed tantalizing hints of in several threads. How does it work, how do I do it, etc?

Thanks a bunch

they're def gonna tell you to read th o/cing guide...which confuses you a little bit but it also helps!

try looking on people's signature for the settingsd they use and also do searches on the forums for the same processor...you might find some good asnwer...i'm learning like that...but i can't really answer anything that u asked cuz im a noob too :-p

just some hints to find asnwer quickly

supervexi, i have learned from the best. And the best says dont worry about the stepping and just overclock it. Report back what you acheived and try to tweak it even more. It will take you about 2 weeks to get it tweaked where your running the lowest vcore you can at the best speeds. With a 170 you should be able to run 2.6ghz 24/7 no problem w/ about 1.4vcore give or take.

Just dont get your hopes up if your chip doesnt perform as well as others, ie. Pianist. Just dont give up after a couple days and you will be satisfied with your results. Any chip with a 10x or higher Multi will achieve a nice overclock.

rka:

Thanks for the advice. Check and check. Already done, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. Basically I'm asking what others have experienced, anyways, not how to do anything.

pianist:

Sweet. I was hoping to hear good news. So far my experimentation seems to bear that out also. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Sw4y:

Thanks for the input. Hopefully I'll be posting about how my styepping is in the days to come.

Anybody have any info on the 'burn in' regarding weak cpu cores?