Sign in to follow this  
xtremeplaya792

best gaming soundcard

Guest shaolin95
im pretty stubborn, and dont like to admit a bad investment. but thats how i feel about my xfi. i have an old audigy2z......and its going in as soon as i get back to my home state.

I dont really understand your issue with the X-Fi. I got one as you can see in my sig and its wonderful. And if you are a headphone gamer then by all means GET AN X-FI. The surround effect is simply amazing. Trust me, I tried lots of 5.1 headphones and all were returned but this card is stunning.

I've been eye'ing the Audigy2 deal at buy.com since it was posted on slickdeals, but i can't decide if i want that, or to go with the X-fi. I will be using it for gaming & listening to music (my music library plays pretty much all day). I don't mind paying more for the X-fi if it is worth it over the Audigy2. Has anyone here upgraded from an Audigy2 to a X-fi that can offer an opinion?

Guest shaolin95

I came from an Audigy 2 which I had for a long time replacing my Vortex 2 Diamond mx300. I can honestly say that it IS worth it. The headphone feature alone is worth the extra cash. I am pretty sure Ive seen the the music edition close to $100 some times which is still more than the audigy but I will pay the extra money any day.

Consider this...if you consider sound important enough to upgrade from onboard sound then by all means get an X-FI. Would you upgrade to a 7800GT if you could get a 7900GTX for $40 or so more? Dont skimp on the sound :-) Of course, the audigy 2 is WAY better than onboard its just that the X-FI is way better than the A2 as well...at least from the point of view of a gamer and Sonar 5 sequencing dude.

Now, if your choice is between A2 and onboard only then get the A2 as it will help you performace as well.

I don't really understand your issue with the X-Fi. I got one as you can see in my sig and its wonderful. And if you are a headphone gamer then by all means GET AN X-FI. The surround effect is simply amazing. Trust me, I tried lots of 5.1 headphones and all were returned but this card is stunning.

Shaolin95 - I am sure you have seen the many, many threads/discussions about XFI issues. If you haven't done so, maybe you could detail your success story. You might help a lot of people out pre and post installation.

Guest shaolin95

Well, I honestly wont know what to say. All I did was install it and making sure all previous drivers were cleaned. There is really nothing to it so it really surprises me reading about those many problems (ive read about them long ago). I have no shared IRQs buts thats as far as I went. Trust me, I was afraid when moving from my nf3 to the nf4 due to the people having issues but I followed one simple tip I found here...install the x-fi at the very last and it worked.

I've been using Creative X-Fi since the release date. Haven't had a single issue with the card, it does everything they claim it does. Sounds awesome on my 5.1 speakers, and even better on my Etymotic Research ER-4P earbuds. I skipped the Audigy generation of sound cards, so I can't vouch for how well it compares.

I own both a X-fi and XMystique7.1, both cards are great. Each has its strong points, movies + musics wins on XMystique, games have the edge on the X-fi. You like bass, go X-Fi. Highs, go XMystique etc. XMystique has DDL and changable opamps, which I did swap out (only used for analog out, not DDL) so I could use my Sennheiser headphones to there fullest potential.

thats good for music, movies, and the better for gaming i guess since it'll support newer eax. but the the xMystique is better for the music and movies and such.

I own both a X-fi and XMystique7.1, both cards are great. Each has its strong points, movies + musics wins on XMystique, games have the edge on the X-fi. You like bass, go X-Fi. Highs, go XMystique etc. XMystique has DDL and changable opamps, which I did swap out (only used for analog out, not DDL) so I could use my Sennheiser headphones to there fullest potential.

the x-fi or the audigy 2 zs are the better for deep bass songs? wouldnt the xMystique have more of a crisp bass that hits harder :cool:

Sign in to follow this