Fsb Speed = Major Difference Temp?

Mist

Ok i had my barton running at 203 fsb and a 10.5 multi with a 1.7 volt on it getting a temp of 40 degrees. Now id fooled around with the 11 x multi and a volt of 1.8 but she wouldnt hold and was hitting 42 or 43 but she wasnt stable so i took her back down. Less then a min ago i switch the fsb to 200 and up the multi to 11 leaving my volt at 1.7. Now my temp dropped 2 degrees and seems stable so far im running all the same programs wmp, [email protected], trillian, msn im, and speed gear 2 to check my temps. Is this right??? i mean i upped the speed but it dropped in temp??

No read.

Ignore the 1.8 that was me attempting to expalin how i was oc'd with a 203 fsb and a 11x multi at 1.8 volt. OK?

Original Oc

203 fsb, 10.5 multi 1.7 vcore = 40 running [email protected] and some other crap

Oc I got now

200 fsb, 11x mutli 1.7 vcore= 38 running the same exact stuff

Now the new oc is stable and faster yet still cooler then the one before?

Your FSB was also higher. The 1.8Vcore was enough to pump it up. But, when you upped the multiplier and lowered the FSB and left Vcore at 1.7, that gave you the lower temp. Also, maybe your air conditioning kicked in.