CFX3200-DR Officially Announced!

Yep and so far the users are wandering around waiting on bios fixes according to some posting about all of them over at the Abit forums.

The bleeding edge or cutting edge has that nomenclature for a reason. I am not too fond of bleeding myself.

RGone...

Currently there are only two XPRESS 3200 CF boards out in the U.S.

ABIT AT8 32X Socket 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200

ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe Socket 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon XPRESS 3200

The Abit supports 8GB max memory? The Asus is only 4GB, ODD. The Abit is cheaper as well....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£176 ROFL, i didn't know they came in 24ct gold. :shake:

Talk about having your pants down!!!.

agreed!

i shall be buying one of these bad boys but not until the price resembles other high end boards.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/ABIT_Socket_939.html

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.a...27&GroupID=1087

in the meantime, conroe fast approaches. i hope this board does not price itself off my wishlist for too long or my overclocking fund will be reallocated.

£176 ROFL, i didn't know they came in 24ct gold. :shake:

Talk about having your pants down!!!.

Luckily I got in early when it was at £152 as they initially listed it. I am happy to pay a slight premium - £5-£10 maybe, for a DFI, but £176 is too much though.

Don't wish to cause any trouble with the mods around here, but maybe you should pass on this thread to someone 'in the know'

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17560859

A few ppl not too happy about the pricing. Take note of Gibbo's posts, he's OCUK's rep on the forums...

Answer it straight up, it's a simple question.

You and I both know what Vtt issue Im asking about.... the huge DROOP in Vtt at high speed/load on the DFI NF4 SLI-DR.

Did it get fixed on the Expert? Is it of any concern on the CFX3200?

How to prove it, have oskar slap a storage scope on the Vtt and Vdimm signlas and run OCCT, just like with the SLI-DR. Do I need to link in the topic on XtremeSystems where this was all discussed? It is so pronounced a droop you dont even need a scope to see it, a good DVM can see the fluctuation.

Why is it an issue, because it takes a good 20Mhz off the ram top speed, thats why. It came from the 9713A being pushed beyond spec for what it can produce for max current.

The same chip is being used on the Expert, and it "looks" like it is also used on the CFX3200 too.

Two solutions where most likely, use higher value termination resistors on the DIMMs... 47ohm on the two closest, 51ohm on the two farthest from the CPU are the values used on the SLI-DR. Bump the values up to the next available off ths shelf value, and the total current required by the Vtt termination will be lowered enough to be within spec. OR change to use a seperate Mosfet as a 2nd stage for the Vtt circuit to eliminate reliance on the 9713A's current limit.

I realize it's a technical question, but it is not something un-answerable. If the same Vtt droop exists on the CFX3200, then why would I bother "upgrading" to end up with the same result?

Im really excited that this product is coming out, it should be the ultimate socket 939 board, I just would like to know if the principle limitation on the SLI-DR was addressed (ie: did we learn from our mistakes and fix it?).

£176 what a rip off. Perhaps the DFI directors have planned a luxury holiday to the far reaches of space and need to make some extra cash. For that price they are planning on buying a space shuttle.

Answer it straight up, it's a simple question.

You and I both know what Vtt issue Im asking about.... the huge DROOP in Vtt at high speed/load on the DFI NF4 SLI-DR.

Did it get fixed on the Expert? Is it of any concern on the CFX3200?

How to prove it, have oskar slap a storage scope on the Vtt and Vdimm signlas and run OCCT, just like with the SLI-DR. Do I need to link in the topic on XtremeSystems where this was all discussed? It is so pronounced a droop you dont even need a scope to see it, a good DVM can see the fluctuation.

Why is it an issue, because it takes a good 20Mhz off the ram top speed, thats why. It came from the 9713A being pushed beyond spec for what it can produce for max current.

The same chip is being used on the Expert, and it "looks" like it is also used on the CFX3200 too.

Two solutions where most likely, use higher value termination resistors on the DIMMs... 47ohm on the two closest, 51ohm on the two farthest from the CPU are the values used on the SLI-DR. Bump the values up to the next available off ths shelf value, and the total current required by the Vtt termination will be lowered enough to be within spec. OR change to use a seperate Mosfet as a 2nd stage for the Vtt circuit to eliminate reliance on the 9713A's current limit.

I realize it's a technical question, but it is not something un-answerable. If the same Vtt droop exists on the CFX3200, then why would I bother "upgrading" to end up with the same result?

Im really excited that this product is coming out, it should be the ultimate socket 939 board, I just would like to know if the principle limitation on the SLI-DR was addressed (ie: did we learn from our mistakes and fix it?).

maybe you didn't understand the actual question I asked

instead of getting huffy and pointing out this or that

how about take a moment to understand the reality of my question?

How can anyone answer this question WHEN NO ONE HAS A BOARD? (or did you not hear that part from technodanvan when he stated "how about wait until Angry or Rgone has a board?")

and lets ponder another question that you maybe didn't bother to think about.

How can either Rgone or I answer this question when neither of us has the equipment to be able to test, let alone verify or deny, such a thing?

You should be pointing your questions to DFI engineers instead of Rgone and I or anyone else who does not work for DFI's engineering team or anyone like Tony who might be able to actually have this equipment and know how to test for whatever it is you are asking about?

doncha think?

£176 what a rip off. Perhaps the DFI directors have planned a luxury holiday to the far reaches of space and need to make some extra cash. For that price they are planning on buying a space shuttle.

ouch...that's...$300 US funds?

it better have something gold plated on it to allow me to enjoy while we wait for ATI to iron out their second-gen chipset hiccups (so DFI can then provide bios updates that the board is more than likely going to need...any high-perf board like this has to go through a period of testing where thousands of users have it and can help us mature a bios for it...as Rgone said, it is the same story every time, no matter who makes them...)

Can't wait for it to hit the shelves...there's alot of people hanging out for this board...looks very promising :)

Initial pricing for the Australian market was also a very nice surprise :cool:

Sorry AG.

I thought by posting here I was talking to the DFI engineers....at least through thier domestic surrogates.

Could you, as he wouldn't take my phone call no doubt (and I dont have his number) ask Oskar or someone else in enginnering for me:

Is the Vtt circuit free of the droop that plagued the SLI-DR/SLI-D/Ultra-D design?

Thanks.