Sign in to follow this  
hitman012

New RAM - Mushkin Redline 2GB kit

Hi,

After the fourth failure of my Ballistix set, I've decided to get a full refund from Crucial and buy some new sticks of RAM. After looking around and speaking to friends, it appears that the general consensus on the best 2GB kit around at the moment is either the Mushkin Redline 2GB kit or the OCZ EB Platinum 2GB kit.

Both use the same chips, but I'd rather go for the Redline. My question is this: are there any compatibility issues? What BIOS do you recommend that I use... currently I'm running 623-3 without a hitch and would prefer not to flash to another version.

Thanks in advance :)

I would leave it as it is and try it, certainly a very stable BIOS and works very well for most people, also there's the group who say if it aint broke don't fix it, that's a pretty good thing to follow.

Thanks for the replies - will probably order tommorrow. Has anyone else had any experiences with CE-6s in this board?

Not that I'm aware of...but in honestly I'd go with the OCZ EB....

:-)

I was put off by a post on another forum where this particular set would not go above 255MHz at all... probably a one-off, but it made me wary.

Why would you want to.... your 4400+ will benifit more from tighter timings then it would from a fatter bus speed. And even in that case the difference is marginal... your better leaving the ram on a divider and not messing with its FSB at all.