Very pleased and happy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy. First post replied from by AG.

Came from MSI Neo2.

Have 2 rigs here, UD/Neo2, with good hardware.

Waiting to try it. . .

Apart from the Seasonic thing this is goood.

I had slight problems getting the system up and running at the start of piecing together the components. After I figured everything out it's been running flawlessly for several weeks now with no random reboot or freeze.

I give my SLI-DR two thumbs up for being stable and having so many options to tweak. :nod:

from nF2 ui > nF3 UD > nF4-D, I've learnt alot bout overclocking. I would say tweaking the memory is the most challenging part of owning a dfi board. It gives pain at first but pleasure (satisfaction) at last. :O

This was my first build (my sig) and I'm having a great time. Bought my wife a Dell XPS last year and my rig puts it in the dirt. No more pre-built for me! My little 2000Mz processor @ 2600 makes it seem like it's standing still.... The XPS that is.... ;)

Man I put this ULtra-d Through hell. When I first got this board I tried out some way overclocks and off the wall timings, and still never had to reinstall windows I'm still using the same install of windows and this board must be made out of some magic material or I think I've been putin to many hours in RPG games. DFI is got me by the balls, I'll always use thier boards.

DFI is great. I've had 4 Asus and a few who knows back before the 386s came out. The asus were very capable, but I was only looking for dependabilty back then, now I need speed on a dime, and the DFI I just bought has done better than I had hoped for. I had no problems, not one, from the motherboard. I have my ram in the yellow slots, I've put the video card in both slots. I've bent the board tightening the HSF on the cpu down, and generally abused, tossed around, had it in two different cases, when I tried taking off the stock HSF to put the Zalman on, the cpu pulled right out of the socket with the locking arm still down. Went right back in and BAM. But nothing is perfect and this is a support site, so you'll get all the bad stuff.

But yea, DFI rocks.

yes, it amazes me at some of the perdicaments people get themselves into ...and then blame the board. why exactly doesnt the yugo carburator work on the ferrari again? why doesnt it work right? oh the ferrari must be messed up hehe...im sold, i love my board :)

My SLI-D worked like a charm till I broke it like the stupid git I am. Oops.

When that happened I was a poor student and decided to get a less pricy board, which turned out to be an ASUS a8n-sli se. Those poor sods cant properly route motherboard traces, though, because memory stability with 4 occupied slots was unacceptable, even at stock (there is in fact a BIOS 'fix' for this, released by asus, which is to reduce the speed to DDR333...).

So I returned the board and got an Expert. Apart from the minor issues (temp reading, dodgy keyboard power-on stability) I am pretty happy with it! Lots of features, stable, admirable layout... all good!

And of course the odd thing I do run into is generally taken care of with the help of these boards.

I've had two boards, one SLI-DR and a Expert, had some problems with both but nothing I couldn't fix with a little help from the forums. Please with both since they did all one can ask for and much more, I've decided which motherboard brand to stick with.