Sign in to follow this  
Tappits

BIOS boot up problems

I had forgot to put the 2 extra power connecters on the board (does it really need all this power?) and I was running the mem in single channel mode so sorted them two things out but now it will not boot up to post.

So reset the bios which means takeing the HDDs out and a lode of messing about.

And it did get me in to the bios, so set the clock and saved it at that.

Did not post again?

So back out with the HDD’s again (ps I don’t like the sata cables for these sata drives you all go on about they just look like there going to snap off or fall out)

Reset the bios again, but this time I did not go in to the bios I just left it to boot up in to windows and I got an error message….

CMOS checksum error???????

Don’t know what this is or how to fix it… it says in the manual…. (Not a good manual from DFI)

Checksum of CMOS is incorrect. This can indicate that the CMOS has become corrupt. This error may have been caused by a weak battery.

If I restart the comp it will not post.

When I reset the CMOS I can get in to windows but get a CMOS checksum error

When I reset the CMOS I can get in to the bios but if I change something it will not post.

but has 3 led's on

i can get in to windows and the bios but cannot change the bios?

the battery voltage is 3.??v

if i go in the bios and have a look thats ok but if i change something ie the time it will not post.

it has been working all day

now i have put all the power conectors on (i had mist 2 [an IDE and a FDD) it will not work proper.

i tryed it back how it was (without the 2 Power conecters) but no joy with it

(got all PC's in now)

BTW The Enermax Liberty series has been getting a lot of bad posts lately. Keep your eyes open for more info.

I'd take what you read here with a grain of salt. Truth be told there is a lot of "Bad" posts around here period. Typically, I find that the problem isn't necessarily the equipment...

Make a few quick searches on any tech forum and you find the same info about the Enermax Liberty series. They have the same reputation as the Seasonic series.

I had to return every single Enermax Liberty that I installed in customer rigs.

I'd take what you read here with a grain of salt. Truth be told there is a lot of "Bad" posts around here period. Typically, I find that the problem isn't necessarily the equipment...

I have a problem with the same PSU, i try with 4 connections and nothing happens, no boot. When i have the rma unit and try again i post here the results.

Could be a incompatibility problem or only a bad psu :rolleyes: .

Problem solved.

It was my memory that was holding me back,

Put the 2 sticks in the orange slots and put it up to 2.9v so it will not happen again.

The DFI bios is very confusing compared with others I have used.

The terminology is all different.