Unable to flash BIOS

Hello,

When I want to update the BIOS with a floppy I get :

"flash rom is write protected"

When I try in Windows, I get a "flash rom blocked" or something like that.

There's nothing in the BIOS to unlock and there's nothing on the board neither.

How can it be that nothing is explained as to how correctly flash this BIOS ?

I couldn't find any complete answer in the forum or in the manual.

This is my first DFI board. Please help.......

Relative Link

Driver

Manual

How to flash BIOS

Update BIOS by using Winflash

There was quite a bit of information about flashing bios right there on the page where you downloaded the bios from if from DFI website.

RGone...

Thanks RGone, but my point is that it doesn't work. When I follow these guides, I get the errors mentioned on my first message. It won't let me update the bios either with a floppy or through awdflash utility in windows.....

Not surprised it will not update using award flash from windows as Winflash would have to be used from within windows. On a side note the bios files should never be downloaded using a download manager as it will corrupt the file download quite often. Redownload and try again.

RGone...

eliatamby : thanks for your answers.

Yes, I will try with the Bios CD.

I have also cleared the CMOS and it didn't change a thing.

I just wanted to understand why something as simple as updating the BIOS as explained on the DFI web site cannot be done on this board ?

To be honest, it doesn't help buiding confidence.....

Also, have you tried the BIOS clear method where you remove the battery? If you haven't done so, try clearing the for a few hours instead of a few minutes.

just remember, no two parts are made the same, no two configurations are ever alike. Sometimes you just fall into the 1% for whom things turn to ..

That's the pain and pleasure of DIY.

If you have tried everything and are still stuck you may need to RMA. If that's the case, it's terrible luck, but just remember that it can happen to anyone with any product or any system. Why did m iRiver fp799 decide to die mid-firmware update? Or why did my neopower decide it can't handle my DVD drive being plugged in? Sometimes you are in the unlucky 1%.