Sign in to follow this  
OCZTony

0406 DFI NF4 bios files

I tested 45 Times 0406BTA!!!! Not good bios at all ,I am SuperStable with 11-14-2005 @ 250x10 1.45v but my system is not Stable @ 250x10 at all with same settings even 1.65v ,Prime Fatal Error in first hour.

I test 0406 Offical its Rock Stable (Prime 17H,OCCT 2H,MemTest86+ 5H,3Dmark01030506 1H) @ 255x10 1.500v and 250x10 1.45v

with 0406 offical I can reach 238MHz MAX to 245MHz MAX with my ballistix @ 2.5-2-2-6

with same settings

Thats most likely your problem..

When I first flashed to the 406bta it wasnt stable like the 704bta so I flashed back to 704.. Well after some thought and since I was kinda bored one night I tried it again.. But this time I didnt load up my usual settings, I tweaked it like it was new and forgot all my previous timings..

Guess what ?

After retweaking and using completely different timings its totally stable and works perfectly fine.. !

This is very common when changing bios versions but it kinda of slipped my mind. My Ballistix is the first set of ram that Ive been able to use the same settings with many different bios versions so that threw me off I guess..

Although in the end if you dont feel like tweaking things all over again you should always stick to a bios that you know works well.

After retweaking and using completely different timings its totally stable and works perfectly fine.. !

Can you give us some examples, please?

I haven't tried this bios, yet, so some heads-up would be appreciated.

Hi.

I have tested the new bios and I must say that the 0406 is not better as the old 704bta.

I find the 704bta works better for overclocking :rolleyes:

Can you give us some examples, please?

I haven't tried this bios, yet, so some heads-up would be appreciated.

examples ?

Forget about your old timings and overclock like you just built the rig..

I have a question conerning the 4/06 BIOS files...

At first, there was

1) 04/06 Beta (by Oskar Wu - being passed around forums)

then there was

2) 04/06-BTA (modified by OCZ's Tony)

then there was

3) 04/06 Final (appeared on DFI's website)

My question is... Is #3 (04/06 Final) an updated version of the original 04/06 Beta or did it just seem stable enough to 'become' Final? And if it is an updated version, is there a NEW 04/06BTA? I have seen a few bumps in this post regarding this question, but no answers yet :D

-Thanks

I have a question conerning the 4/06 BIOS files...

At first, there was

1) 04/06 Beta (by Oskar Wu - being passed around forums)

then there was

2) 04/06-BTA (modified by OCZ's Tony)

then there was

3) 04/06 Final (appeared on DFI's website)

My question is... Is #3 (04/06 Final) an updated version of the original 04/06 Beta or did it just seem stable enough to 'become' Final? And if it is an updated version, is there a NEW 04/06BTA? I have seen a few bumps in this post regarding this question, but no answers yet :D

-Thanks

Since no one's responding, I'm guessing #1 and #3 are the same.

Thats a pretty safe guess..

Usually when a beta comes out followed by an official with the same date they are the same.. If there was a change then the date would normally change.

Thats a pretty safe guess..

Usually when a beta comes out followed by an official with the same date they are the same.. If there was a change then the date would normally change.

That sounds reasonable to me :)

OK I'm all confused here lol old tread but new school to me. Is this 04/06-BTA modified by OCZ's Tony newer bios then the 704-2 modified by OCZ's Tony ? I don't recall seeing it on the new Tmod CD ?