0406 DFI NF4 bios files

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have flashed bios 406BTA ...

my pc can't boot at 3Ghz (300*10) (Opteron 146)

but with bios 704-2BTA ...

my pc easily boot at 3Ghz (300*10) ...

new bios (406BTA) is bad ...

Point is, there is no good or bad BIOS, what works for your system best is all that matters. :)

100% right !!

Funny thing is I went back to 704-2bta because I was having some issues getting 406 to play right for my ballistix..

Just use what works !

Remember that screen shot that I posted at one time with the DFI 406? I could boot with it but there were a lot of issues, that prompted me to try Tony's modded bios. What do you know not only did it work, it worked well with my 4GB. :nod:

Guest Vanquish

Looking good at 2.5Ghz for the moment.

Will go higher and post results.

• 2 weeks later...
Funny thing is I went back to 704-2bta because I was having some issues getting 406 to play right for my ballistix..

Ha !

I take this back..lol

With all the other bios versions I was totally stable with DS set to auto.. well I just noticed with a64tweaker that with other bios versions it was showing normal DS. With this bios it was showing weak.. hehe..

Now that I set it manually this bios is humming along great.. 10 hours of prime at 285x10 !

Heyas,

Has anyone running Corsair memory tested this baby out? Or is it recommended to run this BIOS with Cosair memory?

After month's of resisting the urge to overclock (due to the price of the parts and the threats of neutering from the wife should anything go awry), i'm finally going to give it a go. I'd like to upgrade my BIOS, as it's...well...old.

Any advice much appreciated :)

Cheers.

Heyas,

Has anyone running Corsair memory tested this baby out? Or is it recommended to run this BIOS with Cosair memory?

After month's of resisting the urge to overclock (due to the price of the parts and the threats of neutering from the wife should anything go awry), i'm finally going to give it a go. I'd like to upgrade my BIOS, as it's...well...old.

Any advice much appreciated :)

Cheers.

wow you and i share a similar problem with the Mrs. threatening a painful result should i find a way to spend money on more computer parts after frying something :D. anyhow i am testing this out right now and have Corsair XMS 4400C25. so far so good as compared to the official release (THANKS TONY!!).

Well, just been using BIOS EX704-2BT, then changed to official NF4ED406 then to EX406BTA, flashed them with Winflash keeping all oc settings, works the same, no better no worse, just the new BIOS options