Sign in to follow this  
supervexi

Recommended Motherboard Monitor

Hi,

I wasn't liking MBM5 too much as I couldn't get it (after using the tweaks described here at DFI-street) to display all the info I wanted. nTune is a piece of crap. What are some other apps that you guys use to monitor and hopefully adjust volts, temps, speeds?

Did you install the NF4 plugin. I am pretty sure you can display most of what u want in MBM5. I do not think you can see anything more in speedfan than you get it MBM5..

Yeah, I did the plugin,

however, even when I added sensors 21-24, only one of them showed any reading.

I'll check out speedfan and see what it does, thanks

I've been using SpeedFan 4.27 and have a question about MBM. Does MBM have fan speed control features like SpeedFan, or does it only monitor?

Yeah.. MBM5 only monitors. It doesnt control fans. Personally I would like to let bios control the fans and the extra fans I'd fix an external controller to manually control them, so t hat I dont put a load on the cpu.. I know it is a small load, but I am comfortable leaving the system out of it, since most of the extra fans are case fans so there is not much need to control them real-time..

I've been using SpeedFan 4.27 and have a question about MBM. Does MBM have fan speed control features like SpeedFan, or does it only monitor?

Keep in mind also its not recommended to use the fan headers on the motherboard (except the cpu one) if you're doing any heavy overclocking or have an underpowered psu....like a 380 watt Antec...it takes a lot of power away from the board itself whih needs it more.

much better to get an external fan controller and power them directly off your PSU.

I see that some guys seem to be using ITE's Smart Guardian. I went to their page but was unable to decipher which file to download. Any help?

On Smart Fan, which seems pretty good so far, is there a way to configure it so I can customize the name of each temp reading displayed?

'thinks technodanvan is an electrical engineer'

likes his van ...hmmmm...to be 16 again

'wonders if he has 5 lug rims on dat thang'...;)

I see that some guys seem to be using ITE's Smart Guardian. I went to their page but was unable to decipher which file to download. Any help?

On Smart Fan, which seems pretty good so far, is there a way to configure it so I can customize the name of each temp reading displayed?

With ITE Smartguardian you can adjust the 12.0V and 5.0V ATX rails,

also have extensive speed control over the 3 Temp. sensored Fan's, you can customize all the names and

a lot more if you like. See my sig for the Smartguardian[DFI nFx Special] links.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4180&stc=1

As well, a nice thing for most users, you can make it personal! :sweat:

Screenshot pictures are real size, the true colors are a little brighter! .... basis and my personal version (Always Under Construction) :P

attachment.php?attachmentid=2489 Personalize »attachment.php?attachmentid=4176&stc=1

i seen some people with a different color and look of smart guardian

does anyone know if thats a new version - i cant find it

if anyone has a link to download the latest --

that be great

thanks