I Hate My Pc Class

sYstEmATiC

ok let me give a brief overview of this situation.

my pc class was supposed to build a pc from scratch, parts were ordered new, and there are 17 people in the class, about 5 peoples pcs didnt work.

ok today in class, i was mostly playing games on my pc as i was ahead of everyone else, well one of the pc's started to smell like burnt rubber, i open the pc to find wires in wrong and everything, i just so happened to pull of the hsf and the CPU CAME WITH IT!!! he never raise that little bar to insert the chip into the socket so needless to say about 50 pins were bent beyond repair.

a few minutes later another student asked for me to check his cpu to see if it was "broke" as he said.

i popped off the hsf and sure enough the cpu came with it, thats cpu #2 down the drain, exept that this one was on akward sort of sideways. These cpu's are 2.4ghz "B" 533mhz fsb chips.

i hate people sometimes.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the pins arent broken you can spend a lot of time bending the pins back into place and have them still work. But then again, if the chip is burnt that would suck.

yeah spent 15 minutes fixing one side of it then one of the pins fell off and the other i wasnt even about to attempt. 1 of them was burnt.

Yeah it sure is a shame, don't the dimwits in your PC class listen to your tutor/teacher? (or are they dimwitted too) :wacko:

The gear never got a chance to become used/second hand even. :O

Maybe you should :smack: them around the chops with the burnt-out PC!

it is sad.. But it is a class.. Its a learning experance..

just think of it this way.. U dident spend the money.. so Its all good :)

Yeah but when you think of all the peoples who dont have money but have knowledge and would lick the floor to get one of those chips :(

That is sad, think of how those poor CPUs felt :lol:

Those poor little guys :(

Makes ya kind of wonder what there doing in the class in the first place. I would think you would have to at least know the basics. Putting the little arm up seems to me to be a basic, even I knew that the first time I even looked at one :blink: