Can anyone prime95, sp2004, or OCCT this board?

I ask this b/c I have tried 2 optys, and two sets of TCCD ram. I can not get any of the three programs listed to run. OCCT Fails at 7 min in, Prime95 will run up to 1.5 hours but no more, and sp2004 appears to run but the cpu temp never goes up and the test does not advance. I was trying to OC but with prime failing I went back to stock and still no luck!

RS482 bios 1/25 and 3/21 (have tried with both)

Opteron 146 (stable at 2.9ghz 24/7 prime95 over 24 hours @ 1.456vcore in Ultra-D) and

Opteron 144 (stable at 2.7ghz 1.45vcore - prime95 12+hours in Ultra-D)

OCZ Plat rev2 TCCD & Mushkin lvl2 v2 TCCD

Antec TPII 550 PSU

Seagate 160gb SATA

NEC 3500 dvd burner

I have only tried the Black mem slots so far. We are talking stock speeds and volts!

Any input is apprecated. I'm the goin' nuts here...

I ask this b/c I have tried 2 optys, and two sets of TCCD ram. I can not get any of the three programs listed to run. OCCT Fails at 7 min in, Prime95 will run up to 1.5 hours but no more, and sp2004 appears to run but the cpu temp never goes up and the test does not advance. I was trying to OC but with prime failing I went back to stock and still no luck!

Opteron 146 (stable at 2.9ghz 24/7 prime95 over 24 hours @ 1.456vcore in Ultra-D) and

Antec TPII 550 PSU

Seagate 160gb SATA

NEC 3500 dvd burner

I have only tried the Black mem slots so far. We are talking stock speeds and volts!

rgr, here is what I will test:

RS482 Infinity (whatever latest bios is, haven't booted this beast in like 2 weeks I think)

Opteron 146

2x512MB Corsair 3200XL TCCD, Centon 2x512MB Advance LL TCCD (take your pick...I don't have the exact OCZ TCC5 that you do, and I don't have any Mushkin)

OCZ Powerstream 520w

Maxtor 160GB IDE hdd

NEC 3550A DVD-RW

look close enough for you?

The only other TCCD I have is the OCZ Platinum rev2 PC4200 (the stuff that was $300+ at one time lol)

Looks good to me! My OCZ it the older TCCD stuff... I have my Mushkin TCCD week 437 in now (no heatspreaders :) ) in the blue slots. I loaded the Optimized defaults and truned off the serial(not the sata ports) and irda ports, and gave it 2.7 vdimm. Primeing now on my end. Very interested in your results. Thanks a bunch for checking this out!

On thing I've found is about the ram voltage. My OCZ PC4000 XTC doesn't like the stock voltage 2.6v at all. I couldn't even get the whole thing running at 2.5G at the beginning. Once I put it to 2.7v, everything has got much better.

By the way, AG, can you also try the DVI output please? I had an issue with it and posted it in the forum. I am going to RMA the board if that's an individual thing, otherwise I'll just keep it. After all, the board brings my 146 to be 2.8G with 1.525vcore, IMO not too bad.

Many thanks.

By the way, AG, can you also try the DVI output please? I had an issue with it and posted it in the forum. I am going to RMA the board if that's an individual thing, otherwise I'll just keep it. After all, the board brings my 146 to be 2.8G with 1.525vcore, IMO not too bad.

unfortunately I don't have a single monitor that takes DVI

I have to use the DVI-to-analog converter with all my cards that only have DVI outs (7800 etc) because of this

I'm not sure if the DVI out with an adapter would be as good of a test as a true DVI out

Antec TPII 550 PSU

Seagate 160gb SATA

NEC 3500 dvd burner

I was having the same problem, I would fail outta Prime95 in about 25 minutes. I fought with it for a week trying different ram timings, dividers, volts, clock speeds. But no matter what I did I couldnt get the system stable at stock speeds. then I checked my PSU(Thermaltake 680) and the power was jumping around everywhere even if I wasnt stressing the system, so I went out and bought a new power suppy, and not a single problem since then :cool:

I have had some limited sucess since my first post in this thread. The TCCD memory I have likes at least 2.8v on this board, and 2.9 to overclock. I also over looked loading the optimized defaults after I cleard the CMOS. I have an entry in the OC database with is mb, and I inclueded all bios settings. I must give credit to Grayskull for some of my settings. I found his post at Xtreme to be most helpful in getting a clue on what some of the settings are on an ati chipset.

Thanks for the replies and I hope this helps someone. :rolleyes:

I still feel :drool: for not loading the optimized defaults...... Always the little things.

With further testing... I don't think this board likes my Mushkin TCCD. I can prime 9+h and pass the oc database requirements but, I get the BSOD in games. I also can not get it to pass OCCT for over 8h at stock speeds with this memory.

I Have some ballistix in now primeing. Its been going since last night and was still chuggin' away this morning when I left. I have my fingers crossed.