Sign in to follow this  
Evil

Problems overclocking DFI nf4 SLI-DR Expert

Hello to everyone

This is my first post. :)

Found something interesting when overclocking Expert, would like someone to test it as well. The thing is that i can run my opteron 170 at least 12 hours prime at 2,8ghz 1,375v on Ultra-D but with Expert it instantly fails that same clock. On Expert it needs at least 1,425v for 2,8ghz. :O Tried all bioses, including the last beta which i´m running at this very moment, nothing made a difference. But there is this setting in advanced chipset- SSE/SSE2 instructions which is Enabled at default, disabled it and boom, running prime 2,8ghz 1,375v again. But the thing is if i disable that i´m losing some performance and some things don´t work as they should. And now i would like someone else to test that setting and tell me how it affects their overclock. :rolleyes: Btw i´m not 100% noob, so no point telling me to lower the LDT multi. ;)

Thanks

man.....i have the same issue on my venus

my cabne use to do 3000 1,42v....now i need 1,54 and my mems wont stable at 250....

i am testing since last night....its to soon to reach conclusions......but i am not very impressed so far with my 300€ mobo

my vdimm is all over the place...... :confused:

i flashed the beta 293 and i saw no improvments...so far.....like i said....i am still beggining the tests

good luck for you

Had the same difference in voltage/overclock you are reporting, between my asus premium and dfi expert. This is my first DFI board, and I'm seriously considering picking up an Ultra-D.

Interested in trying that SSE/SSE2 disabling though. Will give it a try.

RLM

So what you guys are saying is "stay away from the expert" ???

lol

nope

i only have the venus for 24 hours.....its not enough to reach conclusions......but i am having a hard time tweaking it......very hard time indeed

but thats not enough to say "stay away".....maybe to say for myself.... need to learn more....need to spend more time over the mobo......

in a few days i hope i will have more results