opty 146 temps too high? (2.5 @ 1.45v, 50 deg load, stock hsf)

Just wondering if these temps seem out of the ordinary?

Uhm, confession: I didn't take the original thermal paste off the stock hsf after I bought it. And, on top of that, I added a dab of AS to the cpu. Would this qualify as "too much thermal paste", and might it be responsible for the high temps? (if they are high)

Thanks.

For idle or even full load it is high.... because it isnt a "true" temp (can be 7-15 degrees off).

So, first thing I would do is clean of the proc and fan (alcohol) and then add just a dab of as5 (too much does does make for higher temps)

then do some cable management

then have your case fans equal (as many blowing in as out)

your temps are not abnormal for what you have told us, but you need to make a proper sig to get further help.

many things can affect temps. IHS contact, quality of finish on HSF, case airflow etc. with those volts and the wrong mix of thermal paste you could easily have an innefficient cooling cycle on your CPU. like the man says, clean your contact points and reapply AS5.

your temps are not abnormal for what you have told us, but you need to make a proper sig to get further help.

many things can affect temps. IHS contact, quality of finish on HSF, case airflow etc. with those volts and the wrong mix of thermal paste you could easily have an innefficient cooling cycle on your CPU. like the man says, clean your contact points and reapply AS5.

ah sorry about that, came from another forum where sigs were just that.

Just wondering if these temps seem out of the ordinary?

Uhm, confession: I didn't take the original thermal paste off the stock hsf after I bought it. And, on top of that, I added a dab of AS to the cpu. Would this qualify as "too much thermal paste", and might it be responsible for the high temps? (if they are high)

Thanks.

you can't put the AS over top of AMD thermal pad. that's to much. my cpu listed below maxes out around 45c at full load.