Sign in to follow this  
bigballsou

No Intake reading Smart Guardian???

Ok I am using SmartGuardian, and sorry I am a newbie, but why is it not showing an intake fan reading? I am using a Antec SuperLan Boy case, which comes with Intake and Exhaust Fans, so why is there no intake, and also, what kind of RPMs should the exhaust be reading? I think it is wrong because it is reading 7200 RPMs which I would think would be alittle high.....

Thanks,

Hi....I have the exact same case as you....and motherboard layout, so....at the very bottom of the board below the LAST PCI slot....you have two fan headers, but they DON'T have RPM monitoring...that's why smartgardian only has PWM IC instead....but it's a misleading naming convention because PWMIC is the sensor in the power regulators in front of the CPU(Three Big butt heatsinks together) and on smart gardian you have a reading for RPM only thing is, the RPM it monitors is for the OTHER fan header in the Back of the board, next to the Karajan Audio module and CPU fan header, what I did was plug the exaust fan in the FAN2 next to the CPU one and the intake fan on the FAN header 3 which is below the last pci slot....unfortunetly that has no rpm reading....but then again, the fans in the super labnboy are so darn silent that even if they run at full speed you don't hear them

Hey thanks, that pretty much is what I need to know..... Ocean have you heard of anyone doing any modding to the types of cases that we have or have any idea of good cooling solutions for our type of case? I was thinking of gettting an Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, and maybe replacing the two case fans because I read that they didn't hold up for a long time, and was reading that they are only rated for about 1200 rpm and I found some other 120mm fans on newegg.com that rated at 2000 rpm..... Anyway just wondering what I should do cuz I want to start overclocking and I ?THINK? I need to invest in some better cooling before....

You can do what I did....I replaced both stock fans with two "Ultra UV reactive fans" not only they look awsome and they're rated at 69cfm or so spinning at 1700rpm

I installed a fan controller because the intake one if not conected to a controller can be noisy at 1700rpm....so you can do the same....when I'm using the computer normally I slow down the speed to 1200 or so and when playing games, crank up full speed so it sends enough cool air into the chipset....

But any fan that pushes more than 50cfm will do a good job since the stock antec ones pull only 35cfm or so...

have you heard of anyone doing any modding to the types of cases that we have or have any idea of good cooling solutions for our type of case? I was thinking of gettting an Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro,

I recommend you using any cooler that blows air DOWN since it will help cool down the PWMIC are where the big butt heatsinks are, the arctic freezer blows it towards the memory modules if I'm not mistaken and that will lead to an increase if temperature in that area....I'm using a XP-90 with a Panasonic fan.....it works beautifully....but you got other good options....check out some vendor websites...they often offer links to reviews on the web....it can help make your decision