N00b Need Some Advice

liko

hey i was thinking about adding lighting in side my case and adding a window on the sire and top though i was wondering would i need extra cooling?

at the mo i got the power case fan cpu fan and another mini mother board fan

would more be needed?

also does any one know any mod sellers which ship to the uk?

Edited by liko

They have custom modded windows with fans. I would suggest those since they are already cut for you and will provide sufficient cooling. Check the pinned list of modded stores in the modding section, you will find plentiful there.

sounds like you need another fan but not because of the neon you just sound like you dont have alot of cooling and while your modding it would be a good time to add one

yeah, justinal's right. From what you said, you have ZERO case fans???? that's not good in any system. As for the lights, from what i heard, the only thing that really emits any heat is the inverter itself, but even that is minimal (unless you're mounting it on to your mobo, heh).

My last comp burnt out after about 2 years, and it was only a 1ghz, nothing was OC'd, but i naively neglected to add any cooling, except for the cpu hsf, the psu fan, and i think i had ONE case fan.

i am kinda neglecting the idea of adding any case fans. at the mo my psu fan is very loud and i dont want another loud . one. whats a really good temperature the system should be?

btw , why is ps fan so loud?

if i do plan on adding another fan where is it advisable to be added? on window? and if so what part.?

Edited by liko

Like said above.. if your computer is running fine now..

then you wont need fans..

I will say this though.. If you are putting a window in the side.. and their are vents on the side you are taking out.. I would put a fan in their.. I know the vents are small but sometimes those vents to lower the temp like 1/2 to 1 degree.. so u dont want to get rid of them all together..

But in all reality you dont need more fans.

Before you start worrying about fans, check what your cpu/sys/pwr temps are, then make the hard decisions, climate & proximity to heating appliances should also be noted.

If you don't like the PSU fan, replace it, there are quieter fans around, ensure that CFM equals the unit you're replacing though, Panaflo and Vantec make stealthy quiet bearing fans.

If you added a fan to your new window, you could run it on a lower voltage 5/7v & avoid 12v alltogether, this would lower the db's dramatically, but also the CFM output.

Lastly if your more interested in the appearance of your computer, why not install an LED equiped fan, they look trick!

Or have a look here ;)

yeh i was planning to add a led fan nyways,

but what do you mean give it 7 v how?

my temps are around:

system - 35 - goes up to around 40

cpu - 39 - goes up to 45

hard - 39 goes up to 45

btw which is quieter: 25.0 dB(A) 29.8dBA Max

Edited by liko