Barton 2500 Oc

howie b

Between the two in my sig, which should I run? They both are stable, but the 2300 Mhz is a little hotter under load than i would like. The reason I am torn between the two is because i switched to Mother Board Monitor (MBM) for my temps from Asus probe (grrrrrrrr :angry: ) which was showing my temps way too low, and now im a bit concerned about the life of my processor if i run it at 56 idle, 62 load. Just to clear it up, i get a pretty big performance increase from the 200 x 11.5 setup (around 400/200 cpu score increase in Sandra) is it worth it though? Any opinions will be greatly welcome

Ive run it at 215 x 10, and 210 x 10.5 and it boot, but when I would run Sandra or Prime95 it locks up.

Hmmm I'll consider the NB cooling....I've seen it talked about all over the place but I havent even touch tested mine to see how its running.

I dont want to up my voltage anymore becauase at 1.7 V im running at 56 C load :-/ crap overrated TT Volcano 11+....btw off topic, but is that HSF crappy because of the Fan or HS? Does anyone know? If so, which should i swap out: the fan or HS?

Okay...i was just looking at the Thermalright SK-7 on newegg, and its cheaper than my Xaser 11+, and from what im reading in the reviews, its pretty comparable to the Slk-800....if i dont want to drop the money (~$40) for the SLK-800, is this a pretty good alternative?

yo i use a tt volcano 9 and it gives me 41 load oc'ed to 2.08 .. 185x11.5 ... not too serious overclock but not bad for a case with only two exaust fans...maybe you didnt apply your themal grease correctly...you did use something thermal right?

maybe a volcano 7 would work best for you supposed to better than the 9....

Yeah, i applied AS3....correctly as far as i know. I lapped the HS, then applied it to the HS rubbed it off, covered the die and scraped it thin with a razor blade. I actually followed the HS lapping instructions from the guide here :-D

I have 4 case fans (2 rear exhause, 1 side panel intake, 1 top exhaust above CPU), so I know i have good airflow (My mobo maxes out at 32C) I just can't figure anything else :-( At max RPM im getting like 49C idle, 56C load at only 1.70 Vcore, and 203 x 11. I should have lower temps and the only thing i can attribute it to is my HS.

Does this make any sense? The reviews i got from Here are making me lean towards a SK-7, but my Volcano 11+ should be doing better than it is.

BTW, im using MBM 5 for temp reporting. I was using ASUS Probe, but the temps reported were like 10C lower than MBM, leading me to believe it was WAY off....so all these figures im giving are using MBM.

I am currently running a barton 2500+ Oc at 2.2Gig even (11x200fsb) Vcore of 1.70 Stable as hell (just burning it in at this speed for a month or so before upping it more)

I have a Volcano 9+ with coolmod from ThermalTake, and I am running at 45ish under HEAVY stress for hours on end... (with fan at full speed)

I run at about 43-44 idle with fan at 60% speed... (speedfan)

I am betting once I get better cooling, I can get my machine up to 2.4Ghz easy... (prolly nead a 1.8-1.85 vcore though)

I am using the new Asus A7V600 board...

I actually really like the new KT600 chipset...