Sign in to follow this  
dr1Zz

Installed new mobo now i get random shutdowns

to an extent i would believe that, the trouble is i am solid in 2d and in memtest and prime. the only time i am hitting a brick wall is when i go 3D and a lot of power is needed... i think the enermax is at fault, as it is possibly having a hard time with keeping up with the load changes. I am only replacing the PSU instead of the board because to my dismay the enermax ofers only a 1yr warranty (sadly newegg didn't specify this) so i think i am going to go for an OCZ powerstream 600 (BTW these work good with the ultra-D?) hopefully newegg will allow me to upgrade withotu a restockign hit.. it is only 1 week old afterall.

well i just RMA'd the Enermax and am now ordering the OCZ powerstream 600w. sad i actually liked the ability to have the modular cables..

Edit|: Which PSU would you gusy say is the msot stable and would allow for the best OC the 520 single rail or the 600 dual rail? or the FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX700-GLN

:drool: ENERMAx is having a bad first quarter. My 620 liberty was good at 2d all day long but did the same as described above in 3d. Replaced with ANTEC PHANTOM 500. System runs solid as a rock. I could evan bump my OC form 2600 to 2700 on my OPTY 170 after PSU change. :D

yeah it seems so, i think i will be goign with either the silverstone 600w strider, or the fsp epsilon 700w both of which are tcheaper anyway and are supposed to be really good.

Thought i woudl just throw in an update... I switched out the liberty with a really old 431 Watt Enermax. I put the 20 pin - 24 pin ATX adaptor on it and BAM! i am golden. everything is working and i got a solid oc of 2,250mhz using GENERIC ram!

I did put on a divider thoguh i think it was 166mhz w/ FSb of 250. i am afraid of pushin it any higher with such a low wattage PSU.. I am actually happy i didn't RMA the board liek i first wanted to...