Installed new mobo now i get random shutdowns

So i just swapped out my old system and put it all on the Ultra-D i am begining to think this was a big mistake. my computer now crashes at random moments. Trying to play anything on it is wishful thinking as it shutsdown as soon as i start anything. this was not happening with my old Mobo which was an MSI ne0/SLI. i even swapped back to the MSI and it worked right out of the gate. so whats gives, i am at a loss as to what is goign on.. my rails are fine, i am not even OCing i can't get this thing to stay stable at stock speeds. i read the directions for new installs more times then i care to share and it still doesn't help, i tried running the latest official Bios release it did nothing and i am currently running the beta Bios release from this site. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? i am seriously at a loss. I shipped the MSI mobo today an di need my puter to work asap. anyone have any ideas?

Did you plug all the FOUR power conectors to the board?

Lanpartys require all of those connected for stable operations....plus...if you just got this board I'd stick with an OFFICIAL BIOS instead of a BETA......

i bet you havent reinstalled windows, that would account for it

yup yup, although i set mine up prior to reinstalling, it wouldnt crash but it took a good 5 minutes from the time desktop popped before i could do anything, went from an MSI Neo4 Plat to ultra-d, friend had a similair problem, turned out to be his memory config, he changed slots and all was @-ok

sadly i got you guys all covered.. it is memtested, i did try the official Bios, i tried different mem slots... i have been .ign with this thign for the last 8 hours now = i think i narrowed down the problem. for some reason windows is not recognizing my video card... it works in my other system so wtf. are the pci-E slots both dead?

i spoke too soon, it wasn't the card, it was the POS nvidia drivers... i was able to load the previous version drivers and it loaded fine. sadly the problem is still present.. i cannot get any games started without the system shutting down.

so when you switched boards DID you reformat? this is essential

also download the newest Nforce4 drivers from nvidia.com instead of the ones on the cd ..

as well as a fresh video card driver install off nvidia.

IF you did format when you swithced mobos, Make sure you use driver cleaner and erase all old drivers before u reinstall with the ones mentioned above.

If none of the above works.. try loosening ram timings and such to get them stable . until you get your ballistix . As ram could be your problem, though it sounds like a videocard/driver issue .. FORMAT!

yeah i formated and still no joy. i ran memtest on the sticvk of memory for over 8 hours running a test 5 loop. not a single error. this ram OC'd pretty well even for generic when i was using it in my neo3. i was able to get it stable in just windows without it crapping out.. but whenever i initialize 3d support it just shutsdown... had this happened to me 5 years earlier this board would be in pieces thx to a sledge hammer and a lot of rage.

yeah i formated and still no joy. i ran memtest on the sticvk of memory for over 8 hours running a test 5 loop. not a single error. this ram OC'd pretty well even for generic when i was using it in my neo3. i was able to get it stable in just windows without it crapping out.. but whenever i initialize 3d support it just shutsdown... had this happened to me 5 years earlier this board would be in pieces thx to a sledge hammer and a lot of rage.

try runing all tests for at least 8 passes in memtest

prime95 been run for 12+ hours?

the memory is fine.. i have been testign it all day.. i only said i did the test 5 in particular is because someone mentioned it is the most grueling test. i was able to finally get into some 3D apps by raising the LDT to 1.3 and the chipset to 1.6.. i still have problem i can now play a few minutes and then randomly i will shutdown... progress, but, i am still wonderign if this bosrd is worth all this effort...

I have been fighting this same problem - the shutdown in gaming one:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47598

I think i've finally tracked my problem down to being crappy memory - even though it was crucial ballistix or a-data vitesta ddr500.

I should be receiving 2gb of brand new OCZ today so we'll see if my theory is correct.

My guess as to your problem is that the DFI board is being super-fussy with your generic RAM - that is why your rig worked with your old mobo but not your new one. Your cpu, vid card, audigy, hdd etc should all work as expected - so with the dfi being fussy about memory mixed with old generic RAM - i'm guessing this is the weak link in your rig.

My memory actually caused the shutdown in memtest also, i think this is the only difference between us. It worked fine for an hour in memtest, but when left over night it crashed. I found more stability with one stick.

Anyway I shall let you know if brand new memory cures my woes, till then i feel your pain.