Sign in to follow this  
Terminal123

Motherboard problem or?

I take your Windows XP has SP2 and the hot fixes slipstreamed?

Yes, tried them with slipstreamed with stuff, all updates, and even an original ones, tried at least 7 diff ones....even the one that had originally installed the initial time i built it... since then hasnt been able to reinstall on any drives heh, maybe i just got lucky on first time

Try starting over. Reformat hard drive. Make sure your sound card is in bottom slot. Anytime I have a problem with the first time I install windows, I reformat and start over. I used partition magic to format and resize my hard drive. Make sure you follow the exact order when installing OS and then drivers.

Sound like you have had windows installed and up and running already. If so, then try reformat to wipe it clean.

Try starting over. Reformat hard drive. Make sure your sound card is in bottom slot. Anytime I have a problem with the first time I install windows, I reformat and start over. I used partition magic to format and resize my hard drive. Make sure you follow the exact order when installing OS and then drivers.

Sound like you have had windows installed and up and running already. If so, then try reformat to wipe it clean.

k will try that, yeah the one time i tried installing from a completely blank drive, which was the first time a while back, worked, so maybe thats it, will try it thanks