Networking (is this possible)?

I would like for my laptop to connect to my DFI Ultra-D through LAN2 and the Ultra-D is connected to the internet via LAN1. I got the communication between the two computers just fine, but the laptop cannot acess the internet, despite my setting it up to be able to do that in the wizard.

Internet->DSL Modem->Hub-> Ultra-D-> Laptop

There is a second laptop coming off the hub, parallel to the Ultra-D that shouldnt be a factor, but is the reason for the hub.

On the question "is this possible", I say yes, since I'm right now using my "damn old laptop" which is connected to the second LAN on a Ultra-D. But why it doesn't work for you I don't know; if the question is simply about the internet connection how is your laptop setup to recieve an ip-addresss?

yes, between the laptop and the Ultra-D is a crossover cable. I went to network connections and bridged LAN1 and LAN2 but it didnt work. It still allowed communication to my laptop but all ip options in LAN1 were unavialable so it disabled the internet connection.

For a internet connection I don't think you have to do use the "bridge" command. The net-work wizard gives you an option of sharing an internet connection. The shared LAN port has to be the one which is connected directly (or a hub or something) to the internet. The other LAN port, which is connected to the laptop, will reach internet through the shared LAN port.

Why just don't connect the Laptop to the hub? Also do the computers find eachothers?

The hub only has two available connections out. I dont know why but I believe it is a university policy.

For a internet connection I don't think you have to do use the "bridge" command. The net-work wizard gives you an option of sharing an internet connection. The shared LAN port has to be the one which is connected directly (or a hub or something) to the internet. The other LAN port, which is connected to the laptop, will reach internet through the shared LAN port.

This is the first way I tried it but for some reason it didnt work.