Powering on problems.

Here is the deal. I havent yet been able to run this PC yet and I am running out of ideas of what is wrong. Completely modded from head to toe. The PSU was modulated and some wires extended. Everything has checked out okay. All wires showing perfect voltages. When it comes down to everything being finished. I turn everything on and the psu powers everything up turns on and off constantly.

I am thinking my PSU is shot, but one thing makes me think its not. It works with 24pin jumpered. All fans power up, all pumps, everything seems in good working condition. Then I turn it off. Take the jumper off. Plug it into the mobo. Press the power button. On, Off, On, Off. I am really confused here. It ran fine with another PSU later on this week.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. I really havent ran it yet, I dont know if any of my components work right. Once this is finished Ill show some pictures of this monster.

Ive done all of that several times over. The thing is the Power still goes on and off very fast. Fans kick in then shut off. This ONLY happens when the motherboard has control of turning the psu on or off. If PSU is jumpered it stays on completely! Fans and everything work.

Lights lit wont light up long enough to initiate that type of diagnostic yet, Although its just 4 lights for about 1 second. Then it turns off. I am trying to figure out if mobo is jacked or something else is. WHY does it not stay on?!

hmmm.. I wish I could give you a straight up answer on this.. :confused:

Who did the psu modding ?

Did you test the system before the psu was modded ?

Thats the bad part heh. I did not. Its probably my psu :( I am not sure how this happened heh. I though i did a pretty good job on my psu. I am a electrician irl. I am going to try my other psu real quick.

Thats the bad part heh. I did not. Its probably my psu :( I am not sure how this happened heh. I though i did a pretty good job on my psu. I am a electrician irl. I am going to try my other psu real quick.

Well its always good to test things before you mod them.. Dont feel bad though.. I recently picked up a vid card that I mounted ram sinks to and my water block without testing it stock first.. and the card ended up giving me problems.. Im just about sure I didnt do anything wrong but I'll never know because I was dumb and didnt test it first..

I hate to say it .. but I think with your problem your going to have to try some process of elimination.. Which is going to require some additional hardware to test in your rig or a friend that will let you test some of your stuff in their rig..

I would try another psu first.. then I would try another cpu if possible.. then another mobo..

Well its always good to test things before you mod them.. Dont feel bad though.. I recently picked up a vid card that I mounted ram sinks to and my water block without testing it stock first.. and the card ended up giving me problems.. Im just about sure I didnt do anything wrong but I'll never know because I was dumb and didnt test it first..

I hate to say it .. but I think with your problem your going to have to try some process of elimination.. Which is going to require some additional hardware to test in your rig or a friend that will let you test some of your stuff in their rig..

I would try another psu first.. then I would try another cpu if possible.. then another mobo..

well i have another psu, another mobo, graphics card, everything i need. i tested it everythings good cpu i know is good. this motherboard is extremely needy. my wc setup is somewhat cramped even in a lian li v2000b hard to move jumpers and . with 2 big cards in the way lol.

well i have another psu, another mobo, graphics card, everything i need. i tested it everythings good cpu i know is good. this motherboard is extremely needy. my wc setup is somewhat cramped even in a lian li v2000b hard to move jumpers and . with 2 big cards in the way lol.

If its all installed in the case with the water cooling did you really test it like I suggested in my previous post.. ?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832

As much as you dont want to hear it.. I think you need to pull it all out of the case and set it up like the link above.. Then if you still have problems start doing the process of elimination game since you say you have spare parts..

If its all installed in the case with the water cooling did you really test it like I suggested in my previous post.. ?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832

As much as you dont want to hear it.. I think you need to pull it all out of the case and set it up like the link above.. Then if you still have problems start doing the process of elimination game since you say you have spare parts..

I have a hspc station ill use for it. i didnt think i would have to rip this mobo out. its pretty ridiculious. this motherboards only flaw is this jumper junk.

Well to me it seems that you just installed it all in the case with water cooling and a modded psu, but didnt test anything before hand.. I guess you'll know for the future now to test it all out of the case first as it saves alot of time and fustration for sure..

GL and post back how you make out !

Well to me it seems that you just installed it all in the case with water cooling and a modded psu, but didnt test anything before hand.. I guess you'll know for the future now to test it all out of the case first as it saves alot of time and fustration for sure..

GL and post back how you make out !

I wouldnt go into saying I didnt test anything. Parts are hard to come by on GUAM. I made do with what I had. I do alot of research before . happens. I think I might have found out my problem. Still looking into though.. Ill be back later though. Thanks for your help.

I wouldnt go into saying I didnt test anything. Parts are hard to come by on GUAM. I made do with what I had. I do alot of research before . happens. I think I might have found out my problem. Still looking into though.. Ill be back later though. Thanks for your help.

I didnt mean anything bad by what I said and I surely dont have anything bad to say about your parts..lol.. they are all top of the line stuff !! :)

I just meant that its best to test things out of the case first like in the link I posted before .. This way its easier to troubleshoot if a problem arises...

Either way GL !