Getting frusterated

I am trying to get my ram above 250mhz. I can run memtest86+ for hrs at 280mhz with a single stick of ram (either sticks) with no errors but as soon as I stick them together they can only acheive a maximum clock of 250mhz. They are mushkin tccd really late week. I run them at 250 2.5-3-3-6 1t (haven't tried tweaking yet) together and 280 2.5-3-3-6 1t (haven't tried higher coz it made me sad :( ). Is it just my cpu having a crappy memory controller that is killing the clock with the two sticks? Oh yes I have a 3400+

HH if memory speed is what u want try this board with your sckt 754 processor and a cheap pci-e card. This board rocks with TCCD in it and your processor could possibly do 265 or more. This board is simply amazing. Every day it seems to be able to go faster. When I first got it I started at 240 then 260 now, 275 tomorrow who knows maybe the processor will catch fire.

I am trying to get my ram above 250mhz. I can run memtest86+ for hrs at 280mhz with a single stick of ram (either sticks) with no errors but as soon as I stick them together they can only acheive a maximum clock of 250mhz. They are mushkin tccd really late week. I run them at 250 2.5-3-3-6 1t (haven't tried tweaking yet) together and 280 2.5-3-3-6 1t (haven't tried higher coz it made me sad :( ). Is it just my cpu having a crappy memory controller that is killing the clock with the two sticks? Oh yes I have a 3400+

Two sticks will always run slower than one stick. Just think about the fact that the cpu has to go to 2 places to read or write instaed of just one. Besides, runing 2 sticks at 1:1 250MHz at 1t is amazing. I would concentrate on getting the cpu speed to go higher to 2700 MHz and beyond. Read a sticky from Angry where he demonstrated that speed is king and bandwidth is second.

well

i started my OC scene with a 3400 hammer and my dfi nf3...

my adata running alone would do 280......together.....243.....

i blamed the CO hammer mem controler and i got myself a 3100 sempron.....E6.....lbbwe.........and some fine ocz bh6.....2x512

with 1 single stick i can reach 265.....3,4v no sweat.....with the 2 together 229 is the max....and i cant pass 3v vdimm....or i will have errors.....zllions of errors in memtest

if i slap 2x256....it doesnt matter...ch5 or bh5....275 3,6 vdimm is achievable to memtest with 8 errors....

conclusion....

i really dont have one.... :confused:

i guess a few mobos cant handle 2x512 very well....

good luck

So pretty much the memory controller is a piece of crap (it's a newcastle 512kb cache s754 3400+, so single channel). Time for a venice I think then (didn't want to upgrade but this is really getting to me) :(. Bah before this I had a 1.33ghz t-bird that did like 1.46ghz lol and in my other system I have a 2800+ sempron that only does 2ghz (32bit s754). I think I need to buy a 3000+ and get some decent mhz gains to make myself happy. This chip doesn't even run stable at 2.6ghz with the IHS removed and 1.75vcore pumping through it, i've had it do a super pi at 2.7ghz but only did one run of 1mb and couldn't pass anything else.

Guest Blooz1

Okay, I'll give ya my example - I've got a 250Gb, with a Venice 3000+ and 2x512 of Mushkin Level 2 V2 (TCC5). The TCC5 is very similar to your ram.

Individually, each stick will do 285 or so in Memtest without errors. When combined, I can run 265 at 1:1 with stability. They'll do 270, and run Superpi32M, but won't pass Prime or OCCT. I CAN run some games at 270 though. but it's not stable.

So yah, you can get a Venice, and it might help, but the average 3000+ (on air) is only gonna get you another 200Mhz or so, which, in REAL terms beyond playing with benchmarks, you're not going to really notice.