Strange Shutdown/Reboot Issue

I am experiencing a very strange issue when I attempt to reboot. Windows goes through the normal reboot process and then reaches the normal "Windows is shutting down..." blue screen. After that, the system reboots but the display stays on the shutdown screen. The power LED flashes off as if it were really rebooting and I can see the motherboard LEDS doing the normal POST process. I can tell windows is booting up and the system is properly rebooting but the display remains on that shutting down blue screen. If i do a shut down instead of reboot, Windows shuts down properly. Any ideas why the display would remain stuck on shut down while the system seems to be rebooting normally?

So when you go to reboot from Alt+F4 the screen remains at SHUT DOWN until Windows Starts again? How odd, how long have you had this system doing this? When did you install Windows and was it a clean installation?

So when you go to reboot from Alt+F4 the screen remains at SHUT DOWN until Windows Starts again?
It remains at the shut down screen indefinitely until I press reboot on the case. I can tell the system has actually rebooted into windows again by the motherboard POST lights, the power LED flashing, the fans restarting, and other indicators that it has actually rebooted.

How odd, how long have you had this system doing this? When did you install Windows and was it a clean installation?
It's a brand new system, so obviously a clean installation of Windows. I've updated it to sp2 and all windows updates are done. All the latest drivers are installed. It has done this since I first installed Windows. It is so very weird, I've never seen anything like it.