Burn in Hardware??

macko

I woundering about new hardware burn in...

is that neccecery to burn in all of my new harware in my new computer??

i going to be ready with my computer soon.. so what can be different, if i burn in the hardware or not??

if it recommended to burn in the new hardware.. when should i do it??

directly when i have installed windows or should i use memtest in bios to burn in my memory before i enter windows for the first time...

and what hardware should i burn in cpu,motherboard,memory,displaycard or??

it would be nice to now how i gonna do for best result and what program i have to use and how long time :confused: ...

Best regards.. Marcus

You realy dont need to burn in anything.Even if you burned in your memory you will not gain anything noticeable.All you have to do is boot into your bios and setup your memory timings and cpu multiplyer & volts to your preference.

the point in the burn in, isnt really that you do it before you start your windows in the first time, its just that before you start messing with the comp, you let the parts work their way...

a. to see if they are ok

b. to let them heat and get cold a bit, let them breath life :P

on another point, doing a real burn in, meaning going forever with lower vcore (or whatever you prefer doing), can give you a nice boost

my 4400 used to do 2600 only with 1.53vcore, after a proper burn in it worked @ 1.47 or so

Only thing I've ever burn in was my old BH-5 and I could really notice a difference, better OC on lower Vdimm after a few days, so I guess in some cases you can burn in but you probably never have to if you don't OC.

First off, welcome to the "Venus" club, can I get you a Beverage?... :nod:

Well I always like to get it all running just fine with no adjustments at first, just default. Then run your tests at stock levels to make sure everything is running like it should. Maybe run it for a day then power it down over night then re-boot in the morning. Then leave it running for a few days then re-boot and run memtest for 12-24 hours to test memory at stock settings, then do the same for CPU, Graphics and so on. Once you know it is all running just f at stock settings then it is time for some OCing.

Thats just the way I do it, everyone has their own way and some like to overclock right out of the box....:-)

So yFital... you recommended to reduce the voltage on the cpu, the vcore for a couple of days, how much under stock vcore is recommended??

what program is to recommended for all the burn in??

thanks for all answer..'

and thank for joining the "venus club" :nod:

burn ins are just to get ur cpu used to itself. not necessary at all.

Dunno where you got that from but...

Burn ins (to my understanding) are mainly to make sure your parts are atleast stable/ non defective before you start to OC. In anycase I would always burn in the CPU, GPU, and RAM just to make sure their not defective even if I wasnt going to OC.

dont just lower the voltages, after running it @ stock for a week, see if you can lower it a notch, and run again prime, keep doing it @ stock speeds, and every couple of days, lower the voltage...

@ 1.2 i cant even start the comp

@ 1.2125 i was prime stable :|

previously it was about 1.3... maybe 1.28

it takes time...

but it can be worth it (not always, dont get your hopes to high)

in any way

i dont suggest you do anything before you get the comp running for a week without a hick up

Burning in as in "conditioning your processor to run at lower voltages" is absolute crap. It doesn't work and just takes time away from yourself.

Every component will show different electrical behaviour over time after being stressed. that's the difference between a brand new and a "worn in" processor there is no way to guide / condition that process.