Sign in to follow this  
Shadow of chaos

Sound problems

i dont know where this belongs but, i was wondering if anyone can help with it.

if i leave my computer on for around an hour and im playing a game, the sound starts to act strange.. lag, skip.. stutter etc.. only a little bit but its noticeable.

used virus/spyware scanners etc..

it seemed to disappear when i changed bios version but then i noticed that because i had flashed a different bios there was only 1 cpu operating.

So i changed bios again to 06/15/05 but i am sure i am still getting the lag again.

I'm running stock speeds here and its beginning to annoy me.. its not temp related cos temps are below 50 and it seems to go away if i restart so temp would basically be the same.

it would have nothing to do with when i tried to remove my IHS but scratched the PCB surface of the cpu would it? or is it nothing to do with this?

also could somebody give me a link to a stability tester for this kind of thing? audio.. etc, to make sure its all working right? or is there no such thing?

I can tell you from experience that the sound works very differently when you install the Nvidia Drivers and the Realtek ones....I have never had problems with either, but I noticed that games benefit a lot more with the Nvidia drivers, apparently EAX is better with the nvidia ones...and music and general use sound better with the realtek, but in your case I'd try and install a different driver....

Ps:If you decide to install the nvidia driver, get the one from the DFI website....for some weird reason when I download and install the latest one from the nvidia website at the installation process it doesn't prompt to install neither the sound drivers nor the network ones....(in case you're running internet off of the Vitesse Gigabit port rather than the marvell one)

I'm not sure what the problem is.

I leave games running for an hour or so and after playing for a while the sound quality goes bad, starts fuzzing and then after a few mins of fuzzing the sound just cuts off completely. :confused:

i'm gonna try reinstalling my sound drivers, though i cant see this helping anything.

I also seem to be getting quite bad FPS fluctuations after a while, the fps of a game can be 90 then dip down to around 40 for a split second and go back up..

grrr.. these problems are really annoying