-50c Cooling, Need Help.

losmi8

Hey guys,

I have a custom made refrigerant unit that cools down the copper plate to -56C. I want to hook it up to my CPU, but I also want to prevent the condesation. I am trying to overclock my P4 2.8 to 4Ghz. I know it will work if I cool it down, but condesation will destroy my whole system. Does anyone have any ideas ? I have spent alot of time and money on this whole system, and I would love to see it work at -50C. Please help me.

PS. If anyone has Vapochill or Prometeia, can you guys tell me how they prevent the condesation, and if possible take a picture or two. Thanks

Milos

2 words die eltic grease and alot of neoprene to insualte the block and anything else that gets some ice built up . ive never messed with phasechange but have done a few pelt setups . id use the grease in the cpu socket holes and center and put as much insualtion you can on any part of the phasechange thats getting ice crystals built up. good luck lets us know the results

Best way is Neoprene and tons of the grease.

Also, with the Vapochill they put a heater type sticker on the back of the CPU socket. I would go with that type of thing.

Usually neoprene will keey the ice and whatnot on the chip. If you keep your computer on long enough it should find a sweet spot and will be dry. Keep your computer on 24/7 if you can.

Heating and cooling is hard on the proc.

Like said above!

Dieelectric grease in the socket..

Put some Silicon around the socket and on the back of the mobo over the pins get some neoprene put it around the socket as well.. and that should really be enough..

they do make this spray, and I cant think of what its called.. but its for electrical componets. You can spray it on your hardware.. it it makes it basicly water proof..

I would look for something like that..