Opty 175 and the MAX TEMPS?

joek71

Hi guys

I have the Expert running with opty 175 on air with Big Typhoon and 120mm Sunon fan, I would like to know what is the max vots I can give this little opty? I cant find that kind of info anywhere.And also do these opty's like a lot of juice or little juice.:nod:

Thanks,

Joe

depends on the CPU from what ive seen here and in other places, some people are stable at very different voltages, i can load windows and pass 32m SuperPI at far lower voltages than needed to actually be ral world stable

I can load to windows 3Mhz with high volts, 1.78 but I am affraid that my air cooling is not enough, temps get 34c idle, I will be getting VapoChill soon then I will crank up the volts. I have to find the max temps without frying the cpu.

3000Mhz @ 1.78v sounds to me like you ought to have a higher idle temp then 34c...

Thats what my 170 2700MHz @ 1.425 idles at...

If you have an expert board, it may be misreporting your temps...

Honestly, i know very little about the coldbug issues with some cpu's. My impression from what i have read is that the cpu's don't work when chilled below 0 degrees (or some other temp below freezing). But don't take my word for it, i know very little about phase change....

Oh ok, so if I get the PhaseII cooling and run it at -40c I cant go back to warm temps? But anything under -20 - -40 is ok? I am also waiting for direct responce from AMD tech about this, I dont want to buy it and then have problems with the cpu.Guys thanks for you help:D