Calling On Angry

wevsspot

Angry,

Here a week or so ago you asked me about my Artic Silencer NV5 revision3 cooler. My 7800GT card is total toast, so the cooler is yours for the taking. I'm expecting the card and cooler back today or tomorrow.

Just need to know how you want to handle shipping.

Let me know.

No, it wasn't the silencer. It works awesome. I'm the idiot that tried the vmod on my 7800gt and didn't get it right. The cooler still works fine. I'll send you an email.

Eek.

I came so close to trying it on my old 7800GTXs and this 7900GTX, just not worth it. Spose I could send it to ViperJohn though....

Yep, ViperJohn looks like he's got that down to an art. His work is really awesome. Some things I learned trying to do mine;

1. You've got to have a very steady hand

2. A magnifying glass would have been very useful

3. You need a good adjustable voltage solder iron so you don't get it too hot

4. Don't get distracted right in the middle of your project

And the most important lesson . . . . .

Never try this after having a couple of Jack and Cokes to muster the courage to ruin a perfectly good piece of hardware! :)

Yep, ViperJohn looks like he's got that down to an art. His work is really awesome. Some things I learned trying to do mine;

1. You've got to have a very steady hand

2. A magnifying glass would have been very useful

3. You need a good adjustable voltage solder iron so you don't get it too hot

4. Don't get distracted right in the middle of your project

And the most important lesson . . . . .

Never try this after having a couple of Jack and Cokes to muster the courage to ruin a perfectly good piece of hardware! :)

5. don't volt-mod cards...if they had intended the gpu to get 1.65v, they would have built the card to give the gpu 1.65v

heh

guess I should get around to checking the email

Angry, point well taken. But at the time (for some reason) the volt mod seemed like an interesting project that might have quelled my desire to run out and spend another four or five bills on a new video card that I didn't really need (at least not until I ruined my 7800).

Uncle, I know you just accepted a job that will give you some disposable income, but save it for college and girls, not replacing a perfectly good 7900GT :)

Back to Angry . . . I've sent you an email.

lol sometimes my humor/sarcasm doesn't translate well into text i guess ;)

everytime I get some new card I always bug ViperJohn "hey dude can you mod this? kill it? make it faster? wtf are these memory chips? is this a good core? can you make it faster for me?"

and he always replies "dude, you always buy the biggest crappiest version that has zero chance of modding, overclocking, or even going a few mhz faster"

and he isn't lying to me...I just have this knack for rushing out and buying the WRONG one (like the 9800NP's that were supposed to mod to 9800XT's but mine was not moddable and on top o that it had the crappiest Infineon BGA RAM while all the good cards had the crazy Samsung BGA RAM etc)

Since I've been in the forums for a bit now, I've learned to appreciate your humor and off the wall sarcasm. I've learned you just have to read between the lines. Because you're such a unique personality, it takes a bit to get through the husk and into the cob.

But I can honestly say, it's been well worth the journey. The things I've learned in here from you and others has been invaluable. In fact, I'm kind of addicted to the Street.

I am actively seeking counseling :)

Since I've been in the forums for a bit now, I've learned to appreciate your humor and off the wall sarcasm. I've learned you just have to read between the lines. Because you're such a unique personality, it takes a bit to get through the husk and into the cob.

But I can honestly say, it's been well worth the journey. The things I've learned in here from you and others has been invaluable. In fact, I'm kind of addicted to the Street.

I am actively seeking counseling :)

peanutlucy.jpg