PCI bus OC

Couldn't help but wonder if the PCI bus is overclocked when the bus speed is OC'ed. I'm having a lot of trouble with my sound card. It constantly freezes in the middle of random songs and the computer restarts. It's not a sound driver issue, since i've gone through several versions. Is there a way to lock the PCI bus speed to 33 MHz? I dont' see such an option in the BIOS setup menus.

Try a different PCI slot if available and also are you using the latest drivers from SoundBlaster? When you overclock the system it will leave the PCI 32bit bus alone, i don't think it's overclocked unless you have checked already if your sound card freezes when your system is not overclocked but that could be something else even.

Guest GripS

No issues with the Audigy 2 ZS here. I am using the 623 bios though, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I couldn't help notice that dhimiter is using a 420watt power supply. Although it's from a good company he may be stretching it a bit by using a unit that's well below the recommended 480watt.

Thanks for the quick posts. I was just unsure if DFI boards keep the PCI bus independent of CPU Bus speeds. On my last ASUS board, there was an option to lock the PCI bus to the CPU or to 33 Mhz or Auto. I don't see that option. I wish I had more PCI cards since this problem is evident only on my sound card. My brother used to own this sound card and he never had a problem with it for 8 months. I gave him mine (I had an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and he had a plain 2 ZS). What I'm trying to say that the sound card should be fine unless something has happened the past month. As far as power consumption, I have measured the load while gaming and it never exceeds 240 Watts so I don't think I'm short on power. The 420 rated on the power supply is indeed continuous and not peak.

Thanks again, and I will keep researching on this topic...