Sign in to follow this  
MikalCarbine257

Question about Expert and dying CPUs

"Why the hell were you using OCZ booster on a DFI?"

used it on the NF7 board, and the early DFI's did not allow insane volts on the dimms like they do now(3.1/3.2 max i think back then), i volt modded several with pots, soldered and/or w/pomona grabbers.

my bad on the blanket statement.

and, just so you will understand where i am coming from, when that board died he said it was on default settings, HOWEVER, when it puked on that particular boot, it WAS overclocked, the MB defaulted with the crash, then whatever fried prolly happened at the same time.

i should have included that with my first postage. and if computerpro3 is such an expert as he professes, then why hasn't he tested and inspected every component so he can find out what fried, then maybe some insight can be had on this whole thang, ya know?? he does have that fluke, hehe. get to checking mr. expert.............

you play hard, your gonna have a crash or two along the way. this is not to say that something isn't amiss with the board, wonder if this happens when actually running totally stock, like the other 99.4% of the world operates?

baldy

Where do you get venus boards? I can't seem to find one retailer selling a board with venus in the name.

Where do you get venus boards? I can't seem to find one retailer selling a board with venus in the name.

This has NOTHING to do with the issue here....you can find out about that on the "Recomendations" section,,.,,

You don't they only made 1000 of them and sold them all within a month

It is the power regulator in some rdx200 or expert boards that went kaput and sent >3Volts to the cpu @ post:rolleyes: ...Again some of the board.

Peeps have to use caution when running vdimm >3.2V.

Ultra-D and SLI DR use 5V jumper, but these boards don't have it.

Peeps have to fry their cpu first so they will know how it feels.......So, don't run your BH5/UTT memory above 3.2Vdimm.

I lost 2 FXs with rdx200 which has the same power regulator as expert....and learned my lesson the hard way :)

Now ran FX60 with my old trusty Ultra-D SLI mod.... :)

I just don't believe all of what computerpro3 is saying since he routinely edits his posts to change what he said earlier (and he originally said that 3.1Ghz was on 1.52 vcore and then said it was on 1.53 vcore when I asked him about it specifically...things like that). We really can't get anywhere because he hasn't provided accurate information and has changed what he's said many times...it's not for lack of trying.

WAWAWAWA....7pages of useless crap lets get real....computerpro3.... running better than 50% OC on the cpu with high voltage ram and volt modded gfx and the cpu go's bad,gets errors and defaults back to stock settings. But the cpu is dead so it must be the mobo because when it finally died it was at stock voltages.This logic seems like a stock car driver running a 100 laps at 200mph and pulls into the pits and his engine blows therefore it must be the cars fault because the engine was idling at the time , it could have nothing to do with the fact he had been running 100 laps at 2000rpm over what the engine was designed for ,because it was just idling when it blew. We all overclock at are own risk knowing what can happen. Just be a man about it and quit crying as you knew the risk you were taking when you overclocked. :rolleyes:

WAWAWAWA....7pages of useless crap lets get real....computerpro3.... running better than 50% OC on the cpu with high voltage ram and volt modded gfx and the cpu go's bad,gets errors and defaults back to stock settings. But the cpu is dead so it must be the mobo because when it finally died it was at stock voltages.This logic seems like a stock car driver running a 100 laps at 200mph and pulls into the pits and his engine blows therefore it must be the cars fault because the engine was idling at the time , it could have nothing to do with the fact he had been running 100 laps at 2000rpm over what the engine was designed for ,because it was just idling when it blew. We all overclock at are own risk knowing what can happen. Just be a man about it and quit crying as you knew the risk you were taking when you overclocked. :rolleyes:

Exactly. You have to take history into account with this kind of thing. If the chip had been abused previously, that could have been the cause. The speeds and voltages you are running when it finally dies are not necessarily the cause of the crash.

This logic seems like a stock car driver running a 100 laps at 200mph and pulls into the pits and his engine blows therefore it must be the cars fault because the engine was idling at the time , it could have nothing to do with the fact he had been running 100 laps at 2000rpm over what the engine was designed for ,because it was just idling when it blew.

You're probably right....but then again, the engine never failed before and then when the "chassis" is changed, it decides to stop working....funny isn't it?

You're probably right....but then again, the engine never failed before and then when the "chassis" is changed, it decides to stop working....funny isn't it?

I admit I haven't read all pages, and the discussion seems to have been intense, so I hope I don't add any fuel...

The "funny", or more precise not so funny, part can actually be a coincidence, or it might be that the CPU has been running on a thin line for long; it was just a question of when it would give up.

A very non-scientific example: sometimes when you stress-test an overclocked system, it might stay "stable" while using Prime for hours and suddenly, bam, you're a looser. The reason could be a minor, not even important, process, but it became the "criminal". You could ask: it did run stable for hours, so why did it suddenly crash?

The new environment, a new mobo, could be the last in comparison "minor process", which caused it to rest in peace. If you like, you could probably pay some technicians to examine the processor in trying to determine the actual cause. However I doubt it's worth it, since a heavy overclock gives no guarantees at all. Who knows, it could have worked for a day, a week, a months or who knows for how much longer if you would have left it in the old mobo, but it wouldn't probably change the final outcome.

All of this is just guesses, but in view of the circumstances that's all what you could expect.

@computerpro3,

I think newegg would be a faster turnaround on your RMA since they ship back within a week.

As far as your conduct on this forum, well, I've seen worse.

It boggles the mind that you can have the balls to lie in your own words and admissions when anyone can simply click the links to your original posts at XS and see that you came to this forum with contempt and malice on your mind. Your claims to simply want technical help were a lie.

Your lack of credibility in your continued posts has caused me to make the decision to close this thread.

By your own admission the board is being returned and you have new hardware on the way. We wish you luck.

ExRoadie