Question about Expert and dying CPUs

computerexpert3 also seems to think that everyone here doesn't have a clue,

I must point out that the moderators of this MOTHERBOARD FORUM didn't know what the LDT was, or how it relates to CPU speed or overclocking!

No to mention the people who don't know who tony is, and the people who think 3ghz is impossible on a 146....

There are certainly a few knowledgeable people that have posted in this thread. While there have been some intelligent replies by certain members of the forum staff, most of those knowledgeable people evidently do not work for DFI (unfortunatley).

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you google it for me. I want more than a CPU-Z screenshot showing that you were able to boot and run CPU-Z. That's not hard to do. I want to see some stress tests in those screenshots (such as 8 hours+ on Prime95 and maybe some 3DMark too if you've got it). Your whole attitude from the beginning of this thread has been condescending. I don't know why you ask for help if you're so "elite". You should already know what you did wrong. Perhaps you do, but you don't want to admit it. You say all these things are so easy, but all I see is words. Show me the screenshots. You should be able to find them since you're "elite" and have a bunch of elite buddies who are also all running their 146's at 3Ghz on 1.4 vcore.

BTW, I notice you mentioned you were running a 1.53vcore. How did your "elite" self calculate that? I'm curious.

Why don't you google it for me. I want more than a CPU-Z screenshot showing that you were able to boot and run CPU-Z. That's not hard to do. I want to see some stress tests in those screenshots (such as 8 hours+ on Prime95 and maybe some 3DMark too if you've got it). Your whole attitude from the beginning of this thread has been condescending. I don't know why you ask for help if you're so "elite". You should already know what you did wrong. Perhaps you do, but you don't want to admit it. You say all these things are so easy, but all I see is words. Show me the screenshots. You should be able to find them since you're "elite" and have a bunch of elite buddies who are also all running their 146's at 3Ghz on 1.4 vcore.

BTW, I notice you mentioned you were running a 1.53vcore. How did your "elite" self calculate that? I'm curious.

Well see, theres this thing called motherboard failure. Usually when this happens, your main machine is down. This therefore means you can't access the screenshots stored on the hard drive. My new motherboard comes in tomorrow and I will be installing it over the weekend. All I can give you until then is a superpi on air @ 1.52v @ 3.1ghz and a few 3dmark runs. LMK if you want them.

The reason I'm asking for help is because I don't wanna be arsed with RMAing the board; and I didn't do anything wrong. I figured since they fail so often maybe soemone knew how to revive it. I was obviously mistaken.

As for how my elite self was calculating vcore, how does a fluke sound?

Do you even know what that is?

Here's some at or very near stock.

How about 3.1ghz stock?

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newpm3hr6yd.jpg

http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14430air3xi.jpg

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2610/334x95yh.png

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14429521mp.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pm5hs8kc.jpg

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...=75211&page=197

You realize that these are from the first 5 pages of a 197 page thread? If you were somewhat knowledgeable or knew how to search you wouldn't be calling bs on me. Here ya go, eat your heart out.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...?t=75211&page=1

Reality bites, huh?

Now you say it was 1.52 vcore. That's also not an option. I'm thinking how you calculated 1.53/1.52 vcore, or whatever you've decided it actually was is by reading what CPU-Z told you. Well, the problem with that (as many of your elite buddies on Xtremesystems will tell you--just check the thread I linked to earlier--it's mentioned in there too) is that the DFI NF4 boards always report low to software measurements. Generally, unless you're going in there and using a volt/multimeter to measure your vcore, it's suggested that you report what you have set in your BIOS, not what CPU-Z tell you. That's just a bit of my noob, know-nothing, advice ;) You also just seem to be very forgetful for an "elite" overclocker. And you're telling me you only have one system? How are you posting right now? You can't take out your hard drive and move it into one of your other systems? I do that all the time, but maybe that's a noob thing to do, I dunno.

I also thought you said that it's easy to hit 3Ghz on stock vcore with a 146. If so, I'm sure that more people than just you have been able to do it. All they need are the elite skills.

Now you say it was 1.52 vcore. That's also not an option. I'm thinking how you calculated 1.53/1.52 vcore, or whatever you've decided it actually was is by reading what CPU-Z told you. Well, the problem with that (as many of your elite buddies on Xtremesystems will tell you--just check the thread I linked to earlier--it's mentioned in there too) is that the DFI NF4 boards always report low to software measurements. Generally, unless you're going in there and using a volt/multimeter to measure your vcore, it's suggested that you report what you have set in your BIOS, not what CPU-Z tell you. That's just a bit of my noob, know-nothing, advice ;) You also just seem to be very forgetful for an "elite" overclocker. And you're telling me you only have one system? How are you posting right now? You can't take out your hard drive and move it into one of your other systems? I do that all the time, but maybe that's a noob thing to do, I dunno.

I also thought you said that it's easy to hit 3Ghz on stock vcore with a 146. If so, I'm sure that more people than just you have been able to do it. All they need are the elite skills.

Either you're retarded or didn't read my last post as I answered all of your questions in it. LMK which it is.

A Fluke IS a multimeter. Among the very best kind, no less. What serious overclocker doesn't know what a fluke is?

And did you completley miss the screenshots I gave you, as well as the link to the thread where a good 50-100 people (didn't actually count, but 5 on first 2 pages) have well over 3ghz?

You just keep sounding stupider and stupider.

A fluke is also a mistake, as in, something you make when you type in the wrong number. You changed your estimate to 1.53 when I asked you, so that sounded to me like you were using it to mean you had made a mistake (you also didn't capitalize Fluke, but I assumed that someone elite would also have good grammar, oh well). Fluke is a brand of multimeter, why don't you learn what it's actually called? That's like calling all computers "Dells" because they made yours.

Going off of what I said in my previous post, I'm seeing that a lot of these "stock" vcores are reporting back voltages slightly above stock. I know my CPU is running on 1.525 volts right now, but when I open up CPU-Z, it says it's only running on 1.504 volts. In short, don't believe everything CPU-Z tells you.

I would also think someone who measures his vcore with a Fluke would know not to trust what CPU-Z says and that it generally reports too low.

A fluke is also a mistake, as in, something you make when you type in the wrong number. You changed your estimate to 1.53 when I asked you, so that sounded to me like you were using it to mean you had made a mistake (you also didn't capitalize Fluke, but I assumed that someone elite would also have good grammar, oh well). Fluke is a brand of multimeter, why don't you learn what it's actually called? That's like calling all computers "Dells" because they made yours.

I said I used "a fluke".

This is like saying I drove a bmw.

While fluke also means an abberation, it would not be used in that form; it would be improper english. You wouldn't say "I used an abberation".

Both are near the top in their industries, and anyone who is somewhat familiar in either has heard of them.

As for grammar; its 1:30 in the morning and its an internet forum....

Going off of what I said in my previous post, I'm seeing that a lot of these "stock" vcores are reporting back voltages slightly above stock. I know my CPU is running on 1.525 volts right now, but when I open up CPU-Z, it says it's only running on 1.504 volts. In short, don't believe everything CPU-Z tells you.

I would also think someone who measures his vcore with a Fluke would know not to trust what CPU-Z says and that it generally reports too low.

CPU-Z reports what bios does....neither are accurate

CPU-Z reports what bios does....just as mbm5 and all the other ones do. It's all read from smbus....

Yup, it does read it from the BIOS, but the this tends to be an area where mobo makers skimp since it isn't that important and these sensors can frequently have gross inaccuracies. For example, my original Lanparty (socket A) board said my CPU was usually between 15 and 25 celcius, even when it was closer to 60 celcius.