Why GF4 MX4000 so junk?

Tatung

Before my xp crashed very easily. Spent lots of time to find out what's going wrong, like cpu overheating, junk motherboard, bad ram, etc. Last thing I got to know is the bad video card by XFX GF4 MX4000 which I spend about only 15 bucks from tigerdirect. My DFI board is innocent! It's a gread board. Tried all sorts of nvidia drivers of it. no help. So it's good time to upgrade to a better card. I got a ATI Radeon 9200. It rans like a dream compared to my old card. I know you may lol at me. 9200 is not a great gamer card. But I think it's good enough as stable one.

Found a even better one PowerColor 9600 Pro AGP 256MB.

Just tell everyone my own experience. Avoid MX4000 junk. If your xp freezes, think about your video card might be the reason.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the MX "GF4"'s are all junk, they are nothing more than glorified GF2's with LMA, so basically they are GF2's. they never deserved the GF4 moniker as they are nothing like the GF4 Ti series performance-wise

the MX "GF4"'s are all junk, they are nothing more than glorified GF2's with LMA, so basically they are GF2's. they never deserved the GF4 moniker as they are nothing like the GF4 Ti series performance-wise
Dident say it wasent junk i said its not the cause of his lockups

Dident say it wasent junk i said its not the cause of his lockups

I set all bios as default. Without any overclocking. No CNQ.

Run memtest. I changed the video card, then lockup disappeared.

The GF4MX series are beefed up GF2. And yeah, they suck. They're cheap 3D solutions. Not everyone lives in the USA and can afford a nice card. I want a better card as much as the next poor gamer :)

Actually the GF4 MX series were based on the GF3 architecture ;)

But anyway :)

i dunno, youre probably right, i just know they sucked as bad as a TNT2 almost, my GF3Ti200 would smoke it lol

Yeah those MX4000 or 4400 are terrible cards I had one in an old PC I had bought from a PC store. first time I turned it on and tried to play a game I went to another store and bough an ATI 8500 64Mb and it blew the MX into dust. that was about 5 or 6 years ago its just a bad memory now. Also if I were you I wouldnt get the 9600 why not go for a 9800 you may get one at a similar price now, on ebay they run for about 100 bucks or even less.