Lighting Advice Requested

iamkoza

I currently have 3 fans with Blue LED's in my case.... It's a black case with window. I wanted to look into putting some ccfl's with uv in the case (the MB reacts to UV light right?)

I was thinking I should put 4 4" ones on the 4 sides of the case. I was also going to purcahse this controller for the 4 lights

http://www.svc.com/ls-bk.html

Perhaps 4 of these lights (i know ill need 2 dual inverters)

http://www.svc.com/4ccflkit-uv-22.html

I have some questions though.

1-What do you guys think looks best, all the sxame color... or every color possible... Im leaning towards keeping the blue lights cause it looks great with the black case... but if good expeirnces have been had with multi color uv lights.. im open to do that.

2-The controller specs say it is sound sensitive... can this be hooked up if I am using the karajan module.. or do I need a separate sound card to take advantage of this?

3-How easy is it to mount the lights? CAse temps wont be affected correct?

4-I wasn't clear how many molex connectors Ill need for this proposed setup. I was hoping the light controller just requires one... and the lights get powered fromt he controller... I'm taxed on molex connectors at the moment and I dont have 4 availiable

CCFL's = drain lots and lots of 12v rail...a 600w powerstream should be good...but I gave up lighting a long time ago

doesn't make my machine any faster, no on really looks at it anyway, doesn't make me a better gamer, makes the internal temps of the machine go up (the more lights the more temp increase), makes my 12v rails drain big time, etc etc

Logisys CCFL's are usually the brightest in my experience....the 2x12" that DangerDen sells are crazy fat bright ;)

CCFL's = drain lots and lots of 12v rail...a 600w powerstream should be good...but I gave up lighting a long time ago

doesn't make my machine any faster, no on really looks at it anyway, doesn't make me a better gamer, makes the internal temps of the machine go up (the more lights the more temp increase), makes my 12v rails drain big time, etc etc

Logisys CCFL's are usually the brightest in my experience....the 2x12" that DangerDen sells are crazy fat bright ;)

thanks for the advice, It would be fun i suppose, but ill hold off on getting them